Using Swiss Travel Pass for Wilhelm Tell Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2016 at 15:42:39 #808823

I bought a 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass.

I like to do the modified Wilhelm Tell route, using boat and train out from Lucerne, but returning skipping the lake by using train.

Exactly how i do it?

How much to pay for the upgrade to first class for the panoramic train ride outbound with meals?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 April 2016 at 16:19:52 #850373

Hi strpyw,

You’d pay CHF 74.20 or a similar amount depending on where you book. Instructions and links are on myswissalps.com/ wilhelmtellexpress/ tickets. It looks like it can’t be booked right now. That’s probably a technical issue, and I expect it to be possible again later. I don’t know when you’re traveling, but if you haven’t been able to book this before you depart you can do so at any staffed rail station (unless it’s booked out).

You just have to book the outward trip. For the return trip you can simply board any train with your Swiss Travel Pass.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2016 at 18:45:37 #850374

I bought the swiss travel pass using the link from your website

http://www.sbb.ch/en/home. html

Therefore they were not from raileurope, does it matter , can i still use the link you gave above?I thought panoromic train has to be 1 st class, so the upgrade you mentioned above is more than just boat?

Annika
    7121 posts
    6 April 2016 at 19:14:33 #850375

Hi strpyw,

The SBB site is the domestic site so we don’t link there for passes. The SBB webshop for tourist passes is http://www.swissrailways.com so I assume that’s where you purchased from. In either case, every Swiss Travel Pass is the same regardless of where you buy.

All panoramic trains have 1st and 2nd class, but the special Wilhelm Tell Express package is available for 1st class only and also includes lunch.

• The thread ‘Using Swiss Travel Pass for Wilhelm Tell Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.