Huge discounts on 1st class Swiss Travel Passes

• Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2015 at 12:23:12 #803647

Rail Europe offers more than $100 off the 8-day and 15-day 1st class Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass Flex. This promotion is available for travelers from the USA, Canada and Central America (and many other countries if you select the e-pass to print yourself). The discount is available through July 30, 2015. Traveling needs to completed by January 31, 2016.

Please find details here:

An example of how much you can save: an 8-day 1st class Swiss Travel Pass normally costs $ 640, but now it’s only $ 512.

How the pass works is explained here.

Enjoy your Swiss train rides!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2015 at 2:58:04 #844355

Hey Arno, any deals on the Swiss pass for travellers from India ??? Which is the best online site to buy the Swiss pass from ?

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 July 2015 at 8:47:09 #844356

Hi Barkha,

Yes, absolutely, and even for 2nd class too. The topic below this one in the rail forum explains all about it.

Apart from that you can find discounts on the Swiss Travel Pass page (here), as well as the websites selling the passes (here).

Specifically for India you need to go to http://www.raileurope.co.in/d eals/great-deals-to-tour-Europe.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2015 at 9:25:34 #844357

Hey Arno, I visited the website in for India that u mentioned. I’m confused. Is this just a rail pass or for all public transport ?? It’s called the Swiss travel pass but the cost seems to be lesser than I’ve seen in any website.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 July 2015 at 9:32:09 #844358

Hi Barkha,

All sites listed on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price offer the exact same Swiss Travel Pass. Indeed each retailer has it’s own prices and promotions. It’s not really different from buying any other product actually. If you buy a TV there are also multiple retailers with different prices. I like to look at it that way. So it pays off to take a good look at that page and buy from the retailer that suits you best based on either price or convenience.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2015 at 9:46:21 #844359

My bad. I looked up just the cost of the rail pass rather than the Swiss travel pass. Thanks for the help Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2015 at 10:02:35 #844360

Hi Arno

What is the link to check for discounts for people travelling from UK

Also just curious to know if I can avail the benefits of discounts available for the people travelling from US Canada and Indian ones even though I will travel from UK but have an Indian passport

thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 July 2015 at 11:16:20 #844361

Hi rahmai,

The promotion we’re discussing here is for travelers from the countries as mentioned in my first post. However, they do sell the e-pass (to print yourself) to people from other countries too, including India. So you can go to http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html and try that.

Alternatively, you can check this promotion. The link I gave to Barkha works for India. They do ship to England (that’s how they list it, not “UK”).

Please let me know whether this worked for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2015 at 11:31:33 #844362

Hi Arno,

May be I did not make it clear in my first instance, what I was mentioning was I am able to see all the options available, I.e. Promotions for all countries

So what I wanted to ask was even though I am residing currently in UK can I book through the link available with discounts from India or US or Canada , as for UK I do not see any discounts but the same Swiss pass costs around 100 pounds less when I use the link from India

Can I book from the link for India and use the discount, as I have a Indian passport

are there any checks done by the authorities , or I can avail benefits/discounts available through other country links

thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 July 2015 at 11:50:05 #844363

Hi rahmai,

You can indeed buy through the links I gave in my previous post. There are no checks by authorities. Just be sure to enter India when asked for your country of residence (as you have an Indian passport), and England if asked for a physical shipping address. In case of the e-pass they don’t need a shipping address, just an e-mail address.

Please give it a try and let me know if any questions remain.

You may not see promotions on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ promotions if your country is set to the UK on that page. The promotions are not targeted to the UK, but since you have an Indian passport you have some additional options.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2015 at 12:33:08 #844364

Hey Arno, I checked the links u sent , however they’re all discounts on a 3 day pass whereas I’m looking for a 8 day pass. Also, if I bought the Swiss pass directly from the Zurich station would it be more expensive than purchasing it online ?

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 July 2015 at 12:42:36 #844365

Hi Barkha,

It is much more expensive if you buy in Zurich. You can find all prices here and compare.

I’m not sure why you only see a 3-day pass. You just need to go to the Indian site at http://www.raileurope.co.in/ pass/swiss-pass, select the 8-day pass from the list, add it to your shopping cart, and enter the coupon code listed on http://www.raileurope.co.in/ deals/great-deals-to-tour-Europe when asked. Didn’t this work for you? I just tried and didn’t find any issues.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2015 at 12:59:03 #844366

Arno

thanks fir confirming

Wanted to know if I shud go for an interrail pass or swiss pass as again prices are different but not sure which is better as both have discounts

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2015 at 13:43:30 #844367

Arno, both your links open to the same page. Attached below. How do I see the deals and the deal codes for them. ?

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 July 2015 at 15:30:55 #844368

Hi rahmai,

If you only have an Indian passport you can’t use an Interrail Pass, but you can use a Eurail Pass. Whether that’s a better choice than a Swiss Travel Pass depends on your exact travel plans. You can compare them in details here:

And you can do a price comparison as explained here if you wish.

For further questions about passes, please open a new topic as this is not related to the promotion. Thanks!

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 July 2015 at 15:33:37 #844369

Hi Barkha,

I think that’s a problem on your end. Your attached image shows a totally different website than the ones I linked to. You have a lot of browsers tabs open, perhaps that’s causing this. Can you try to close all browser tabs and click the links again?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2015 at 19:50:40 #844370

hi,

i can see the first link is giving the 3 day flexi for 89 per person.. is it correct which i am seeing?

i am in uk.. and worried if that is the correct pass or not?

please help .

secure.uk.voyages-sncf.com/rail-pass-passenger-details

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2015 at 6:22:13 #844371

Hi krunalb,

The website you linked to does not sell Swiss Travel Passes. They do sell Interrail passes, but that’s another pass with less options.

The promotion we’re discussing in this thread is only for the countries listed in my initial post, not for the UK. Although you can order through http://www.raileurope.com/ rail-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html and select the e-pass to print at home. As explained in one of the other posts above, you need to select “England” as your country of residence, as they don’t list the UK.

Is this what you were looking for?

Other websites selling to the UK are listed on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2015 at 6:31:28 #844372

Ahh.. got that.. but is there any info on what these rail passes and swiss pass differs in benefits?

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2015 at 6:40:09 #844373

Absolutely, the “How to travel” item in the top menu explains all about traveling. This page is for rail pass details: http://www.myswissalps.com/ train/ ticketspasses.

• The thread ‘Huge discounts on 1st class Swiss Travel Passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.