Huge savings on Swiss Passes until April 27, 2010

• Arno
    15482 posts
    22 April 2010 at 11:03:00 #803794

Our partner Rail Europe currently offers huge discounts on 8-day Swiss Saver Passes and 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Passes. Please be aware that the offer is only valid until April 27, 2010. Purchased passes must be used within 6 months.

Offer for USA travelers:

• An 8-day Swiss Saver Pass for 2 adults traveling together with their children for $ 386 instead of $ 656, or a 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for $ 256 instead of $ 434;
    • Children up to 15 years old travel along for free;
    • Including a fast baggage voucher to have 2 pieces of luggage transported from one Swiss rail station to the other;
    • Including a voucher for 2 adults on Switzerland’s longest summer tobogganing run near Lucerne;
    • Including one adult ticket for the ride up Mount Pilatus (the 2nd adult gets a 50% discount, and children travel along for free as on all trips);
    • Free shipping applies on the Swiss Saver Pass;
    • Everything included in the regular Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass is included in these passes as well;
    • 1st class discounted passes are also available.

Offer for Canadian travelers:

• An 8-day Swiss Saver Pass for 2 adults for CAD 406 instead of CAD 690, or a 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for CAD 270 instead of CAD 456;
    • Shipping costs CAD 23;
    • The rest of the offer is identical to the USA offer.

More information:

Travelers from the countries listed below can order the discounted passes as well, through the website of Rail Europe USA:

• Antigua & Barbuda
    • Aruba
    • Bahamas
    • Barbados
    • Belize
    • Bermuda
    • Bonaire
    • Cayman Islands
    • Costa Rica
    • Curacao
    • El Salvador
    • Dominican Republic
    • Grenada
    • Guadeloupe
    • Guam
    • Guatemala
    • Haiti
    • Honduras
    • Jamaica
    • Mexico
    • Netherlands Antilles
    • Nicaragua
    • Panama
    • Puerto Rico
    • St. Lucia
    • Trinidad & Tobago
    • Turks & Caicos
    • Virgin Islands

Should you have any questions, please feel free to post them in this forum. Happy traveling!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2010 at 14:46:30 #831148

I will be traveling with my two children ages 16 and 18. Would the 18-year-old count as the adult? My husband will be traveling at different times. If the two of us traveled together on this discounted pass, would we still qualify, even though our children are not under 16?

Arno
    15482 posts
    26 April 2010 at 15:27:23 #831149

Hello Wanderweg,

Rail Europe’s offer is valid for 2 adults traveling with their children up to 15 years only. So unfortunately you don’t qualify for this discount. We did receive other questions on the exact interpretation of this offer though. We are now looking into this. If more specifics become available, we will post them in this topic.

In your case, it’s most economical to purchase 2 Swiss Youth Passes for your children and Swiss Passes for you and your husband (if both adults will travel quite a lot). In case your husband and you are able to travel together some of the time, you can also buy a Swiss Saver Pass for the both of you. The Swiss Saver Pass doesn’t require you to travel together at all times. So if you have different traveling times, your husband could use the Swiss Saver Pass one time and you could use it another time. The only restriction is that you can’t use the pass both at the sime time for different journeys, as it’s only one ticket valid for two people.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2010 at 17:10:59 #831150

Thanks a lot. That was a great answer and helped me figure out what to purchase!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2010 at 18:27:48 #831151

Hello! My sister and I are planning to travel and would love to take advantage of this offer. We obviously don’t have any children, but we are family! Can we still take part in this family rate?

Arno
    15482 posts
    26 April 2010 at 23:51:37 #831152

Hi lyrafox. I would have to say no, unfortunately you do not qualify, as Rail Europe stated that this offer is for 2 adults traveling with their children. Should we find any further details on that restriction, we’ll post them here. For now, your best options would be a regular Swiss Saver Pass or Swiss Youth Pass (if you are under 26).

Arno
    15482 posts
    27 April 2010 at 23:49:00 #831153

*** UPDATE ***
    The original offer as advertised on this page did not include the specific requirement to travel with your children. As soon as we found out that this limitation had been added, we added it to this page as well. If, however, you have purchased one of the discounted rail passes, and you plan to travel without children, there’s a chance that train conductors will not honor the pass. To our estimation, there’s a rather small chance that this will actually happen. Nevertheless: if you plan to travel without children on one of these discounted passes, please contact us and we’ll get you in touch with Rail Europe’s Customer Relation Team to find a proper solution.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    *** UPDATE ***

• The thread ‘Huge savings on Swiss Passes until April 27, 2010’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.