Hut to hut hiking near Lauterbrunnen with kids

Hut to hut hiking near Lauterbrunnen with kids

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
thadb
thadb
1 post
Jul 17, 2017 - 6:26 PM

My family of 4 (children aged 7 and 9) are planning a hiking trip after we stay in Lauterbrunnen Aug 11-13. We currently have reservations at Berghaus Baregg for Aug 13 . On Aug 14, we have a reservation at Berghotel Obersteinberg. I don't think these are close enough to hike hut to hut with my kids (They would probably max out on 10K per day).

Any recommendations for hut to hut hikes for kids of that age in that region? Thanks!

elbarcosr1
elbarcosr1
43 posts
Jul 18, 2017 - 2:10 PM

I would check out this website and pick an established route where you know all the details and, most importantly, the elevation changes. We were going to do the Engelberg to Lauterbrunnen stages in 2 days but were planning on cheating by using some of the chairlifts, cable cars, post busses available along the route. Rain foiled our plans though.

www.wanderland.ch/en/r outes/route-01.html

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Jul 19, 2017 - 9:28 AM in reply to thadb

Hi Thadb and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Unfortunately I haven't done any hiking in that area myself so I can't give you any personal experience.
We do have a list of activities and hiking routes in the Jungfrau region noted here.

The hiking trails have details about length, duration and difficulty. They are typically shorter hikes though so I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for?

Lucas

Arno
Arno
9668 posts
expert &

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017