In & around Lucern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ravindersn
ravindersn
2 posts
May 22, 2015 - 7:51 AM

Hi,

We would be staying in Lucern for 3 days & would like some details as this our first trip about where do we go from lucern in these 3 days? Which Mountain excursions are possible?

Thanks.

Ravinders ingh

Arno
Arno
12309 posts
expert &
May 22, 2015 - 8:54 AM

Hi Ravinders,

Please see the Lucerne page: myswissalps.com/ lucerne/activities.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5696 posts
expert
May 23, 2015 - 12:51 AM in reply to ravindersn

<<"We would be staying in Lucern for 3 days & would like some details as this our first trip about where do we go from lucern in these 3 days?Which Mountain excursions are possible?">>

What are you rinterests?

Museums?

Mountain excursions?

Hiking?

Exploring the items of interest in the city of Luzern?

Lake boat excursions?

A comment about your interests would make it easier to offer suggestions.

ravindersn
ravindersn
2 posts
May 23, 2015 - 3:01 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Mountain excursions & local sightseeing only. Thanks.

Arno
Arno
12309 posts
expert &
May 23, 2015 - 10:51 AM

In that case you can find useful tips on the page I referred to earlier. A 3-day Tell Pass is worth your consideration.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5696 posts
expert
May 23, 2015 - 2:04 PM in reply to ravindersn

<<"Mountain excursions & local sightseeing only. Thanks.">>

Arno has pointed you to best first place to look.

Pilatus is close to Luzern, accessible by train or by lake boat, and is a really impressive cog rail ride. There are great views from up top, but not a whole lot of walking around space. Some restaurants/hotels.

I attached one very old photo taken going up to the top of Pilatus.

The Rigi is a much gentler mountain. More room to walk around, more hotels/restaurants at different locations, several different ways to go up and down. Also very nice views.

I remember my first visit to the top of the Rigi (Rigi Kulm) about 30 years ago. It was a kind of cloudy day, and I was at the top watching a sailplane appear and disappear as it flew around the mountain at alevel lower than my viewpoint.

I have not been to Titlis. It is a bit further away than Pilatus.

If a like boat ride interests you, there are various routes, so you can focus on the northern parts of the lake or ride from one end to another.

If I am taking a lake boat, i always pick up the printed schedule brochure and study the various criss-crossing route options, as well as which stops give me bus/train access back to Luzern.

The brochures are available at the ticket counters at the various stops, or from the very good tourist information office by track #1 in Luzern Main Station. (Hauptbahnhof). They can also offer sightseeing suggestions.

One which I and my family and friends have enjoyed is not far from the famous Lion of Luzern. I don't recall if this web site mentions it.

It is the Bourbaki Panorama.

www.myswitzerland.com/ en-us/bourbaki-panorama-luzern-luzern.html

www.youtube.com/watch? v=qnQf8f_8rDk​

Please login to see the attached documents

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019