Promotion: extra days on the Swiss Travel Pass

Promotion: extra days on the Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Arno
Arno
11177 posts
expert &
Sep 6, 2017 - 10:49 AM

Dear travelers,

Rail Europe offers one extra day of traveling on the 4-day Swiss Travel Pass, and two extra days on the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass. Please see the website for your country to find all details about this promotion:

Please note:

• This offer can be purchased until December 27, 2017;
  • The first travel day of your pass must be no later than April 21, 2018;
  • This offer is only available on the above listed websites;
  • This promotion only applies to the 4- and 8-day Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass Youth, both 1st and 2nd class. It does not apply to any other pass;
  • You must live in the mentioned countries to take advantage of this promotion;
  • The promotion passes can't be printed at home like the normal passes, so do order in time to allow for a few days of shipping.

There is plenty to see in Switzerland, so the extra days on the pass will come in handy. See here for inspiration:

Can't take advantage of this promotion? Please find all current Swiss Travel Pass promotions here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/promotio ns.

Last modified on Oct 26, 2017 - 7:27 PM by Arno
pooja64
pooja64
28 posts
Sep 9, 2017 - 1:24 PM

Hi Arno

Very good info.I am an indian citizen residing in United Arab Emirates.Am I eligible for such a promotional pass.I intend to buy an 8 day pass.Problem is I am reaching Zurich on 13th early morning and I fear there is not sufficient time for pass to be delivered.Any suggestion?

Regards,

Pooja

Arno
Arno
11177 posts
expert &
Sep 9, 2017 - 8:47 PM

Hi Pooja,

As far as I could see on www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-travel-pass-82 they physically ship these passes to India only. So if you have family living there who will join you on your trip it could work, but I'm afraid in your case your travel date is just too close to risk shipping.

The alternative would be to order your regular pass via www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /swiss-travel-pass-consecutive. They'll email it to you within one business day. You can print it at home and board your train straight after landing in Zurich, instead of waiting in line at the train station to buy the pass. Further purchase options are listed here.

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland!

Last modified on Oct 26, 2017 - 7:29 PM by Arno
pooja64
pooja64
28 posts
Sep 10, 2017 - 8:48 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno.I bought pass online (regular one for 8 days ,not the promotion one)and waiting for my e-ticket. Hopefully tomorrow I should get.

Looking forward to my visit.

Kanika
Kanika
14 posts
Sep 11, 2017 - 5:40 AM

Hi Pooja

I am also residing in Middle East, there is a similar offer for the GCC, the link is

m.raileurope-gcc.com/?pass1

And it is a print at home option. I have done it for myself. In fact the distributors are ftom UAE only.

See if you can switch your regular ticket to this.

Good luck!

Kanika
Kanika
14 posts
Sep 11, 2017 - 5:43 AM

Kindly follow this link:

m.raileurope-gcc.com/spip.php?article6487

thanks

Arno
Arno
11177 posts
expert &
Sep 13, 2017 - 10:29 AM

Hi Kanika,

Thanks for sharing that! I will post about that promotion too. Note that this promotion is only for trips ending no later than September 30.

Last modified on Sep 13, 2017 - 10:30 AM by Arno
Arno
Arno
11177 posts
expert &
Oct 5, 2017 - 6:02 AM

Good news, the extra travel days on the Swiss Travel Pass is now available for a couple of other countries too! I have updated my original post.

Happy travels!

suhsientan
suhsientan
15 posts
Oct 13, 2017 - 1:06 PM

I am from Malaysia and will be travelling to Switzerland in July. Where can I get purchase this promotion?

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Oct 13, 2017 - 4:44 PM in reply to suhsientan

Hi suhsientan,

The promotion is only for travel by April 21, 2018 unfortunately. See Arno's first post at the top.

sg9peter
sg9peter
10 posts
Oct 21, 2017 - 6:45 AM in reply to Arno

Hi,

Just want to check, we are from Singapore and staying in Hong Kong (we holding singapore passport with HK identy card), So are we enjoying for the free days promotion?

If we intended to take golden pass and Glacier Express, are there any difference for 1st class and 2nd class ? (we are 4 adults and travelling with a 5 yrs + 1 yr old kids ).

Thanks in advance

Last modified on Oct 21, 2017 - 6:46 AM by sg9peter
Arno
Arno
11177 posts
expert &
Oct 21, 2017 - 8:15 AM in reply to sg9peter

Hi sg9peter,

I'm not familiar with the Hong Kong identity card, but if it is an official international travel document, then you can fill out that card number when you order the Swiss Travel Pass from www.raileurope.hk/pass /swiss-travel-pass-82. In that case it will all work fine, as it does not matter that you also have a Singaporean passport. Make sure to take along the identity card while on the trains as they may want to check it.

For your other questions, please see the below pages. In general I would recommend 2nd class if traveling with children. There will often be more children there, and it will be less of a problem if they want to move around. First class is mostly booked by passengers looking for more space and a quiet ride.

Last modified on Oct 26, 2017 - 7:31 PM by Arno
sg9peter
sg9peter
10 posts
Oct 23, 2017 - 1:43 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the reply, I start to feel confused when I read the validity of the swiss travel pass, Example

1) Glacier Express

Train from Zermatt to St. Moritz: free (so is it means that if from St Moritz to Zermatt required extra payment?

2) Golden Pass line

Train from Montreux to Lucerne: free (so is it lucerne to Montreaux required extra payment?

3) What if I go from Montreaux to interlaken (stayover) then do I need to pay extra from Interlaken to Lucerne ??

4) and lastly how do i know the train number for Glacier Express and Golden Pass line??

Thank you

Arno
Arno
11177 posts
expert &
Oct 23, 2017 - 1:57 PM in reply to sg9peter

You're welcome sg9peter!

1) 2) 3) The routes are fully covered (please see the map at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity). The direction of travel or stopovers do not matter.

4) You can find train numbers in the timetable, but normally you don't need train numbers. The departure place (station) and time are more helpful to find your train.

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Oct 23, 2017 - 5:00 PM in reply to sg9peter

Hi sg9peter,

You do need to make reservations at an extra cost on the Glacier Express - you can do so online here.

Cws0206
Cws0206
5 posts
Dec 13, 2017 - 1:09 AM

I am Malaysian, 29 years old, travel on end Jan 2018.

Am I eligible for the mentioned offer if my friend (China's citizen & permanent resident) buy on my behalf? Or it was eligible for the traveler who are citizen & permanent resident of the said country only?

Thank you.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Dec 13, 2017 - 8:34 AM in reply to Cws0206

Hi Cws0206,

That is not possible. The rail passes are issued based on residency and are strictly personal. You are required to add an ID or passport number to the ticket and have your ID with you when you travel.

The Chinese site does not allow purchasing passes for other nationalities. So your friend can buy the promoted pass. You can buy it from any of the websites listed here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018