Promotion: extra days on the Swiss Travel Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2017 at 13:24:34 #869494

Hi Arno

Very good info.I am an indian citizen residing in United Arab Emirates.Am I eligible for such a promotional pass.I intend to buy an 8 day pass.Problem is I am reaching Zurich on 13th early morning and I fear there is not sufficient time for pass to be delivered.Any suggestion?

Regards,

Pooja

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 September 2017 at 20:47:37 #869495

Hi Pooja,

As far as I could see on http://www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-travel-pass-82 they physically ship these passes to India only. So if you have family living there who will join you on your trip it could work, but I’m afraid in your case your travel date is just too close to risk shipping.

The alternative would be to order your regular pass via http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /swiss-travel-pass-consecutive. They’ll email it to you within one business day. You can print it at home and board your train straight after landing in Zurich, instead of waiting in line at the train station to buy the pass. Further purchase options are listed here.

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2017 at 20:48:12 #869496

Thanks Arno.I bought pass online (regular one for 8 days ,not the promotion one)and waiting for my e-ticket. Hopefully tomorrow I should get.

Looking forward to my visit.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2017 at 5:40:11 #869497

Hi Pooja

I am also residing in Middle East, there is a similar offer for the GCC, the link is

m.raileurope-gcc.com/?pass1

And it is a print at home option. I have done it for myself. In fact the distributors are ftom UAE only.

See if you can switch your regular ticket to this.

Good luck!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2017 at 5:43:38 #869498

Kindly follow this link:

m.raileurope-gcc.com/spip.php?article6487

thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 September 2017 at 10:29:14 #869499

Hi Kanika,

Thanks for sharing that! I will post about that promotion too. Note that this promotion is only for trips ending no later than September 30.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 October 2017 at 6:02:08 #869500

Good news, the extra travel days on the Swiss Travel Pass is now available for a couple of other countries too! I have updated my original post.

Happy travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2017 at 13:06:32 #869501

I am from Malaysia and will be travelling to Switzerland in July. Where can I get purchase this promotion?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2017 at 16:44:03 #869502

Hi suhsientan,

The promotion is only for travel by April 21, 2018 unfortunately. See Arno’s first post at the top.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2017 at 6:45:27 #869503

Hi,

Just want to check, we are from Singapore and staying in Hong Kong (we holding singapore passport with HK identy card), So are we enjoying for the free days promotion?

If we intended to take golden pass and Glacier Express, are there any difference for 1st class and 2nd class ? (we are 4 adults and travelling with a 5 yrs + 1 yr old kids ).

Thanks in advance

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 October 2017 at 8:15:16 #869504

Hi sg9peter,

I’m not familiar with the Hong Kong identity card, but if it is an official international travel document, then you can fill out that card number when you order the Swiss Travel Pass from http://www.raileurope.hk/pass /swiss-travel-pass-82. In that case it will all work fine, as it does not matter that you also have a Singaporean passport. Make sure to take along the identity card while on the trains as they may want to check it.

For your other questions, please see the below pages. In general I would recommend 2nd class if traveling with children. There will often be more children there, and it will be less of a problem if they want to move around. First class is mostly booked by passengers looking for more space and a quiet ride.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2017 at 13:43:47 #869505

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the reply, I start to feel confused when I read the validity of the swiss travel pass, Example

1) Glacier Express

Train from Zermatt to St. Moritz: free (so is it means that if from St Moritz to Zermatt required extra payment?

2) Golden Pass line

Train from Montreux to Lucerne: free (so is it lucerne to Montreaux required extra payment?

3) What if I go from Montreaux to interlaken (stayover) then do I need to pay extra from Interlaken to Lucerne ??

4) and lastly how do i know the train number for Glacier Express and Golden Pass line??

Thank you

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 October 2017 at 13:57:17 #869506

You’re welcome sg9peter!

1) 2) 3) The routes are fully covered (please see the map at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity). The direction of travel or stopovers do not matter.

4) You can find train numbers in the timetable, but normally you don’t need train numbers. The departure place (station) and time are more helpful to find your train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2017 at 17:00:10 #869507

Hi sg9peter,

You do need to make reservations at an extra cost on the Glacier Express – you can do so online here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2017 at 1:09:37 #869508

I am Malaysian, 29 years old, travel on end Jan 2018.

Am I eligible for the mentioned offer if my friend (China’s citizen & permanent resident) buy on my behalf? Or it was eligible for the traveler who are citizen & permanent resident of the said country only?

Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2017 at 8:34:10 #869509

Hi Cws0206,

That is not possible. The rail passes are issued based on residency and are strictly personal. You are required to add an ID or passport number to the ticket and have your ID with you when you travel.

The Chinese site does not allow purchasing passes for other nationalities. So your friend can buy the promoted pass. You can buy it from any of the websites listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

• The thread ‘Promotion: extra days on the Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.