Hotel/town to explore the Interlaken region?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2015 at 15:22:09 #807614

Hi,

I will be travelling to switzerland in august. I would like to visit Mt. tilus, Jungfrau, Lake brienz/thun cruise & Trummbach falls while I make my base around Interlaken region. I am looking for a different living experience like mountain, greenary, etc something different from a city living as the rest of my trip I am having a hotel in the city center. So what is the best place in that region to make my base for two nights? I am looking at a hotel in Adelboden but I do not see anything close by to do to spend an evening there & it is like 1.5 hr to interlaken. Please advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 July 2015 at 10:56:32 #844671

Hi bhavana2305,

Adelboden is a bit isolated and far away from the things you wish to see. What about a hotel on Lake Brienz (e.g. in Brienz itself), or in Lauterbrunnen, for example?

If you let us know your exact dates it is easier to provide concrete examples of hotels that still have rooms available. What’s your budget?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2015 at 12:52:20 #844672

The dates are 23-25th august. the budget would be 150-2300$ per night max. I am looking for something with an indoor/outsoor pool or a gym area! Thanks!

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 July 2015 at 18:53:54 #844673

Many hotels don’t have their own pool or gym, so that limits the choice somewhat. But these two hotels in Wengen suit you needs I think. And they’re close to the rail station so that’s convenient for your day trips.

Wengen is a small car free village in the Jungfrau region (near Lauterbrunnen). Really different from the bigger cities, and ideal to visit most places on your list. Mount Titlis would be a long trip though.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2015 at 19:01:32 #844674

Thanks! That was very helpful. I booked the first hotel.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 July 2015 at 23:46:54 #844675

<<“Thanks! That was very helpful. I booked the first hotel.”>>

Take a look at –

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim

• The thread ‘Hotel/town to explore the Interlaken region?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.