Golden Pass – construction alternative?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2018 at 20:36:16 #814146

I am traveling from Interlaken to Montreux at the end of May. I was going to catch the golden pass express. But have been informed there is maintenance work during this time .And trains between Zweisimmen and Montreux will be disrupted. Can you inform me of other scenic train route I can take .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2018 at 20:45:08 #875109

Hi Tour2018,

There is small construction on the Golden Pass route yes: between Montbovon & Château-d’Oex. It will require you to depart the train and board a bus and then rejoin a train after. It is a very small part of the trip (about 10km) so I wouldn’t let that stop you from doing the trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2018 at 22:17:25 #875110

Thank You for your reply, at this stage I am having trouble being able to book that part of the trip on the Golden pass web sight , Railcentre goldernpassline .ch have emailed me saying they can’t take bookings between Zweisimmen and Montreux I will contact them again . Thank you

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 January 2018 at 1:55:50 #875111

You can’t make reservations during the construction work. But you will be able to buy tickets (closer to the time) using the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable). If you haven’t used it before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

Or if you are using a Swiss Travel Pass no tickets are required.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2018 at 23:11:18 #875112

Thank You for your reply, your information has been very helpful

• The thread ‘Golden Pass – construction alternative?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.