Golden Pass - construction alternative?

Golden Pass - construction alternative?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
tour2018
tour2018
9 posts
Jan 25, 2018 - 8:36 PM

I am traveling from Interlaken to Montreux at the end of May. I was going to catch the golden pass express. But have been informed there is maintenance work during this time .And trains between Zweisimmen and Montreux will be disrupted. Can you inform me of other scenic train route I can take .

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Jan 25, 2018 - 8:45 PM in reply to tour2018

Hi Tour2018,

There is small construction on the Golden Pass route yes: between Montbovon & Château-d’Oex. It will require you to depart the train and board a bus and then rejoin a train after. It is a very small part of the trip (about 10km) so I wouldn't let that stop you from doing the trip.

tour2018
tour2018
9 posts
Jan 25, 2018 - 10:17 PM

Thank You for your reply, at this stage I am having trouble being able to book that part of the trip on the Golden pass web sight , Railcentre goldernpassline .ch have emailed me saying they can’t take bookings between Zweisimmen and Montreux I will contact them again . Thank you

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Jan 26, 2018 - 1:55 AM in reply to tour2018

You can't make reservations during the construction work. But you will be able to buy tickets (closer to the time) using the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable). If you haven’t used it before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

Or if you are using a Swiss Travel Pass no tickets are required.

tour2018
tour2018
9 posts
Jan 27, 2018 - 11:11 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank You for your reply, your information has been very helpful

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018