Interlaken to Thun by Cruise

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Europe2015
Europe2015
2 posts
Jun 21, 2015 - 12:11 PM

Hi

I'm planning my trip from Interlaken West to Thun on a thursday in July and have bought a Swiss Travel Pass.

Having trouble putting an itinerary for Interlaken West to Thun by Cruise/Boat. I will need to catch a 4:01pm train from Thun to Montreux.

1. Can anyone help to advise what is the earliest time I can catch a cruise from Interlaken West to Thun? From my reading of the schedule (www.bls.ch/d/schifffah rt/fahrplan-brienz-sommer-15.pdf), it seem the first cruise departs Interlaken West at 11:03am.

2. Ideally, I will be bring my luggage on board and hoping to drop off for a few castle visit on the way to Thun. Is that possible and how do I go about it.

Thanks in advance

Roy

Annika
Annika
6100 posts
expert &
Jun 21, 2015 - 5:13 PM

Hi Roy,

1. The schedule you're referring to is for Lake Brienz. You need the one for Lake Thun: www.bls.ch/d/ schifffahrt/fahrplan-thun-sommer-15.pdf. Further information about the boats is here.

2. You can take the 11:10 AM boat from Interlaken West, get off in Spiez or Oberhofen for example, and take the next boat after an hour.

Have a wonderful day trip on the lake!

Europe2015
Europe2015
2 posts
Jun 22, 2015 - 1:27 AM in reply to Annika

Thanks heaps Annika for your help.

CheersRoy

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019