Interlaken to Venice- How to buy train ticket?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2013 at 12:02:26 #805801

Hi,

I will proceed from Interlaken to Venice, and i will hold 8days swiss saver pass (family of 3 members).

Understand that Swiss Pass only free of charge for travel from Interlaken to Up to Domodossala. After that, i have no clue for buying ticket up to Venice. Can you please advise me this? how i proceed to buy ticket from Domodossalla to Venice?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 February 2013 at 15:36:20 #838097

Hi airy2310,

You can usually just purchase along such a ticket when you order your Swiss Saver Pass. Where are you from? That may help me to provide more details as for the best reseller.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2013 at 2:55:25 #838098

I am from Malaysia. But i am not staying at Malaysia. I am planning to buy Swiss Saver Pass once i arrived at Zurich Airport as cant deliver to address (Is using POBOX) i stay (Qatar)

so i just buy along when i order swiss saver pass?

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 February 2013 at 3:52:15 #838099

Hello airy2310,

In that case this site would be appropriate as they sell both the pass and the tickets to Venice (here), and they ship worldwide. You have to sign for the delivery, but if your PO box location is manned that should not be a problem (at least in my experience), as you can sign when you collect the parcel. Don’t forget the promo codes listed in our forum as you may be able to use them for a discount.

To just order the pass without the ticket you also have the alternative of this site. They allow collection at a Swiss airport, or shipping to any Swiss address such as an hotel. All other purchase options are at the Swiss Pass page.

If you stay in Zurich as well: hotels near the Zurich airport and rail station are listed here and here by the way. Hotels in Interlaken are listed here.

One more note: if the booking system can’t find train connections from Domodossola to Venice, it may help to split the journey in two legs: Domodossola – Milan and Milan – Venice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2013 at 6:52:09 #838100

Hi,

1 more question. From timetable i saw, there is not only connection from Domodossola to Minalo, follow by to Venezia.

There is another route: Interlaken OST-Spiez-Milano-Venezia Mestre-Venezia S.Lucia. Is Swisspass only up to Spiez? then i need to purchase point to point station to Milano to Venezia?

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 February 2013 at 7:15:52 #838101

Hi,

The other route you mentioned is via Domodossola as well, as the town is located between Spiez and Milano (there’s a map to be downloaded from our Swiss Pass page). Domodossola may initially not be listed in the timetable if you don’t have to switch trains there, but that’s not relevant for your tickets. If you view the details of the train in the timetable you’ll probably see that it stops in Domodossola. Your Swiss Pass is good to Domodossola. You need a ticket from there to Venice (or two separate tickets if necessary, as explained earlier).

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Venice- How to buy train ticket?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.