Interlaken/Lucerne late June, itinerary tips

• Warits126
    Participant
    16 posts
    4 June 2022 at 14:08:02 #827408

Hi Everybody

We will have a swisspass

I plan to take a train from zurich train station to interlaken ost on 6/29 and will stay in interlaken for 2 night 6/29-7/1/22.

Is it possible to visit Lake oeschinen/blausee naturpark on 6/30/22 in 1 day on 6/30/22

7/1/22 Grendelwald/Lauterbrunnen and take a train to lucern in the afternoon

7/2 Lucern Titlis/Stangerhorn

7/3 Take a train from lucern to miland (considering gotthard panorama express but we will be in milan in the evening)

I would appreciate any suggestion for my plan, good quick restaurant in those area?

I am concern about the possibility of raining at the lake oeschinen and would like to have a back up plan.

I would like to have a boat ride in interlaken or lucern but not sure where to fit in the schedule? Any short boat ride for 1 hour would be great.

Any uber in interlaken or lucern?

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    4 June 2022 at 20:29:01 #942887

Hi Warits126,

Thanks for sharing your itinerary. This is a good plan. And yes, it’s possible to do a trip to Oeschinensee and Blausee in one day from Interlaken. Before your trip, you can check the weather forecast and the mountain webcam. I hope it won’t rain on the day but as a backup plan, I recommend a a trip to the Aare Gorge near Meiringen or a day trip to Bern and Thun plus a boat trip on Lake Thun.

If you’re considering taking the Gotthard Panorama Express from Lucerne, be sure to consult the timetable first. There is only 1 GPE service daily and arrival in Lugano is roughly around 16.40 and you would have to take a train to continue to Milan. If you have a fixed schedule and need to be in Milan early, you might want to take the fast train instead.

Not sure if Uber is common in Interlaken. But there are local taxi services available and you might see a few 0utside the train station. Your hotel should also have local taxi contacts.

regards,

Anna

Warits126
    Participant
    16 posts
    4 June 2022 at 21:08:59 #942888

Hi Anna

Thank you for your information.

Quick question

Could I use type C adaptor 2 plugs for type J socket 3 holes in Switzerland?

We can t decide which adaptor to use for both italy and Switzerland.

Thank you

Warit

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 June 2022 at 10:16:07 #942889

Hi Warit,

Yes, a European 2-plug C-type adapter should mostly fit in the 3-plug Swiss outlets. Please find details at http://www.myswissalps.com/aboutswitzerland/practical/swissoutlet.

Warits126
    Participant
    16 posts
    6 June 2022 at 19:22:35 #942890

Hi Arno

Thank you for your information.

• The thread ‘Interlaken/Lucerne late June, itinerary tips’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.