Is Schilthorn cableway free for Saver Day Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2018 at 16:10:37 #818419

Hi,

I’m getting confuse about the benefits between Swiss Travel Pass and Saver Day Pass. Thus, I would like to ask is traveling by Schilthorn cableway is free for the Saver Day Pass like Swiss Travel Pass? Also, is there any discount for the train to Jungfraujoch from the Saver Day Pass?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 September 2018 at 22:35:04 #896485

Hello Yada and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

The Saver Day Pass does not provide any discounts at all on Jungfraujoch or Schiltorn. You can get as far as Mürren, Grindelwald or Wengen for free. Full price thereafter.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2018 at 4:42:21 #896486

Thank you Mr. Rockoyster! And I would like to ask a little bit more for the benefits of Swiss Travel Pass. For this pass I can go from Zürich to Schilthorn cableway and ride the cable car for free, and if I want to go to Jungfraujoch there’s 50% discount for the train ticket, am I right?

Thank you!

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 September 2018 at 4:55:26 #896487

Hi Yada,

You can read about pass coverage here:

Just let us know if any questions remain.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 September 2018 at 5:42:28 #896488

Hi Yada,

You don’t say when you are travelling.

Just in case you have any trouble interpreting the validity map Arno referred to, yes Zurich to Schilthorn is free in 2018 (50% discount from Mürren in 2019). For Jungfraujoch the Swiss Travel Pass will get you 25% discount from Wengen or Grindelwald. Zurich to either of those villages is free.

• The thread ‘Is Schilthorn cableway free for Saver Day Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.