Is the Swiss Pass validated the day I get it?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2017 at 9:11:42 #813210

Hello, I will be arriving in Geneva on September 21st at around 22:00. The next day I will be heading towards the Berner Oberland and will be returning to Geneva on September 24th. I am hoping to purchase and use a 3 day swiss pass from the 22nd to the 25th. I was planning on picking up my swiss pass at the geneva airport but was wondering if this would make the 21st my first day using the pass and then would not be able to use it on the 24th. Would I be able to have it validated at Geneva but then not activated until the next day? Or is there a better place to pick up my pass? Would it be too late to have it delivered to me ahead of time?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 September 2017 at 9:50:01 #869588

Hi Blechlerm, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you want to buy it in person, be sure to ask for a Swiss Travel Pass. A Swiss Pass is something different for Swiss residents. You can buy a Swiss Travel Pass at any staffed train station, including the airport, but the ticket desk will be closed by the time you get there. It is much easier to print your pass at home and skip the ticket desk, with a possible queue, entirely.

You’ll find all purchase options at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. I’d recommend to go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en, click to the Swiss Travel Pass, and fill out passenger details and the start date (September 22). After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days, but often within hours.

Note that a 3-day pass starting on September 22 does not include September 25. You need a 4-day pass for that.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2017 at 10:04:05 #869589

Thank you very much for the info!! I really appreciate it.

• The thread ‘Is the Swiss Pass validated the day I get it?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.