Is there regular connection from Chur to Milan?

Is there regular connection from Chur to Milan?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
AslamHabib
AslamHabib
17 posts
Apr 21, 2017 - 12:55 PM

Hi,

In the last leg of our Swiss tour, we plan to travel from Chur to Milan via Tirano. From Chur to Tirano, we would like to travel via Bernina Express. But I don't find any connection from Tirano to Milan in SBB or italiarail.com. My questions are:

1. Is there regular connection from Tirano to Milan? I heard that there are regional trains, is it correct? I will buy Italy rail pass for 4 days for Italy part of travels. Does it cover regional train also?

2. I understand that Bernina Express requires reservation. I will buy 15 days STP for Swiss part of travel. Is there any charge for reservation? Any additional charge for change of reservation?

Thanks for your cooperations.

Regards, Aslam

Lucas
Lucas
3096 posts
expert &
Apr 21, 2017 - 2:40 PM in reply to AslamHabib

Hi Aslam,

Yes, there are regular trains from Tirano to Milan. Check out the Swiss timetable page here.

1. I only know about Swiss rail passes here unfortunately.
  2. Yes, you must still purchase a reservation. You can do so here. Charges start at about 18chf.

Lucas

rockoyster
rockoyster
762 posts
top member
Apr 21, 2017 - 9:25 PM

Hi Aslam,

Trenord runs service from Chur to Milano. See m.trenord.it/site-lite/index.html

Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2017 - 11:21 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Rockoyster,

I couldn't find that service on the website you shared. How did you get the schedules? I am not aware of such a service, it might be a bus.

rockoyster
rockoyster
762 posts
top member
Apr 22, 2017 - 8:54 PM

Hi Arno,

i just put in Tirano to Milano Centrale. Attached screenshot is result for a random date. Aslam is doing Chur to Tirano on BEX. My original response above incorrectly said Chur instead of Tirano.

I originally found the route by doing a directions search on Google maps. I always find that a good starting point. It told me the carrier was Trenord.

Last modified on Apr 22, 2017 - 8:58 PM by rockoyster
Please login to see the attached documents
Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
Apr 23, 2017 - 12:13 PM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Rockoyster,

I see, indeed there is a direct Trenord train from Tirano to Milan. That's the alternative for people who don't have time for the Bernina Express bus to Lugano. And in winter when the bus does not operate.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017