Travel free for children if adult has a Tell Pass?

Travel free for children if adult has a Tell Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ngocvu527
Ngocvu527
4 posts
Mar 15, 2018 - 3:22 AM

Hello,

I will travel to Switzerland for 8 days from March 27 to April 3 with two children, age13 and 15 years old. I will buy an 8-day Swiss travel pass for myself and I will get the free family card for my children to travel unlimited in Switzerland. I plan to visit Luzern from March 27 to March 30. My hotel offers a 2- day winter Tell pass which will be great because it covers for many of the cable car and cogwheel transportation in Lucerne that the SwissTravel pass does not cover. MY question: If the tell pass allow me free cable to Mount Pilatus, will my children be able to travel free using the family travel card or do they need a child's Tell card?Thank you!!ao

rockoyster
rockoyster
3916 posts
expert
Mar 15, 2018 - 5:03 AM in reply to Ngocvu527

Hello Ngocvu527,

I think you would need a Kids Pass (www.tellpass.ch/en/sum mer/info_tips/kids_off ers/)

Maybe you can talk hotel into being generous?

Or seeing you already will have a Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Family Card maybe the hotel will reduce the room rate?

Last modified on Mar 15, 2018 - 5:08 AM by rockoyster
Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
Mar 15, 2018 - 7:38 AM

Indeed you pay for the kids too, but a very low amount: www.myswissalps.com/te ll passwinter/price.

Last modified on Mar 15, 2018 - 12:45 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018