itinerary for Jungfrau and Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 November 2014 at 6:05:11 #806720

Hi all! I will be visiting Switzerland in December for 5 days and was thinking of going to Zermatt and Jungfrau. Would like to seek advice on the best route to go about this, I wouldn’t mind going onto the Glacier express too! Appreciate any advice! Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 November 2014 at 15:38:54 #841317

Hi joannek!

A basic Glacier Express tour example can be found here. You can extend it so it looks like this (or vice versa of course):

1. Train from Zurich airport to Interlaken or Grindelwald;
    2. Train to Zermatt;
    3. Glacier Express to St. Moritz;
    4. Train to Zurich airport.

I would recommend an extra night in Interlaken or Grindelwald to increase your chance of having good weather to visit the Jungfraujoch.

Please see the links for more information about the towns and suggested hotels. If you need an hotel near the airport you can find the best ones here.

A 4-day Swiss Flexi Pass would suit your trip. It is explained in detail here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swissflexipass.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘itinerary for Jungfrau and Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.