Itinerary for Switzerland in 5 Days 4 Nights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2015 at 15:46:11 #806924

Hi Team,

I am travelling to Switzerland for the first time this April with my husband and it is our honeymoon!

I am having a bit of a hard time trying to decide and make the best out of the 5days 4nights stay in Switzerland.

I have done some research on my own however I still need your expertise to help complete my itinerary below:

Day 1

Paris to Zurich by TGV > Zurich to Lucerne and will reach Lucerne by around 1-2pm.> Check in Hotel.

Qns 1: What can we do from 2pm onwards? Is it right to say that we cannot do much as I understand that most of the shops closes at around 6-630pm?

Day 2

Lucerne > Mt Titlis

Qns 2: Is it good to set aside 1 day for Mt Titlis as I would not like to rush it through?

Day 3 – Lucerne

Qns 3: If we are not able to do much sightseeing on Day 1, we could continue some of the walk around in Lucerne town right?

Qns 4: Will I need a day to explore Lucerne? As I am looking for a mix of town walks, scenic sights and scenery with mountain landscapes and beautilful lakes and valleys, Does Interlaken fit my description more than Lucerne?

Day 4

I am flying off to Barcelona on Day 5 morning, therefore I will stay 1 night in Geneva. Which means I will be travelling from Lucerne to Geneva on this day.

Qns 5: are there some places that I can go drop by along the way?

Qns 6: My initial plan was to visit Zermatt (Matterhorn), I also have Interlaken at the back of my mind. I am wondering where can I fit this places in or can I only fit one of them in?

Qns 7: Looking at my itinerary above, Is a Swiss Half fare or a Swiss Pass a better option?

Looking forward to your kind advise.

Thank you very much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 February 2015 at 20:21:53 #841848

Hi Rayvia,

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Let’s look at your questions:

Q1/3) Plenty to see apart from shopping: museums, the pretty town center, or even a short boat trip would be possible. Just check the Lucerne page for ideas.

Q2) Good idea, and do it on a day with good weather.

Q4) Interlaken town does not need to be explored as there is not much to see. It’s the surrounding region that is beautiful. Both the Interlaken and Lucerne regions offer enough to do for weeks.

Q5) With only 4 days it would be good to spend two in Lucerne and two in Interlaken. But as said, if you would spend all days in one region there is still plenty to see.

Q6) Fitting in Zermatt is not really realistic, unless you drop one of the other towns.

Q7) That really depends on your final itinerary, and which day trips you will make. You can do the math as explained here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2015 at 6:30:44 #841849

Hi Thank you very much for your reply.

I think I have a better idea now.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2015 at 7:37:55 #841850

Hi Arno,

Another qns, is fast baggage safe and reliable service if I would like to deposit my luggage at Lucerne and pick it up at Geneva on the same day?

Thank you!

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 March 2015 at 10:00:17 #841851

Hi rayvia,

Yes, the service is reliable and convenient. If you hand it in before 9:00 AM you can collect it in Geneva after 4:30 PM the same day. More details can be found here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2015 at 3:19:39 #841852

Hi Arno,

Noted for the fast baggage service. Thank you!

I have another query about travelling from point to point within Lucerne by bus.

How do I buy point to point bus tickets?

Do I buy from the bus driver?

Thanks in advance!

Sylvia

• The thread ‘Itinerary for Switzerland in 5 Days 4 Nights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.