5 night Swiss itinerary help from Zurich in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2018 at 19:53:30 #814953

Hi!

Any help arranging my itinerary would be appreciated. I’ll be arriving on 5/24 from Paris and flying home from Zurich on 5/29. There are quite a few locations that I am interested in seeing while in Switzerland. Here is what I would like to work in (if possible):

1. Berner Oberland – would like to see Schilthorn

2. Lake Geneva area – Chateau de Chillon

3. Would love to ride on a scenic train route: Glacier Express, Bernina Express (Golden would work but construction causes too many changes with luggage)

4. Lucerne – Rigi (although I’ve been there before)

I’m sure that I will not be able to work in everything on this list. I need help prioritizing. I would like to spend my last night in Zurich/Lucerne in order to make it to the airport on the 29th.

Thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2018 at 6:12:08 #879799

Hi dkanaly,

Your itinerary is not impossible. On 24/5 you could travel from Zurich to Mürren to visit the Schilthorn the next day. On 26/5 you could take the Golden Pass and I wouldn’t be to worried about the construction work going on. Get off the train in Montreux to visit Chateau de Chillon and you could continue to Zermatt. On 27/5 you could travel form Zermatt to Lucerne via Andermatt and Göschenen. Zermatt-Andermatt is part of the Glacier Express route.

If you prefer not to take the Golden Pass to Montreux, you could do the leg Interlaken – Lucerne instead. From Lucerne you can the do a part of the Glacier Express route as a day trip. More details can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress.

You should use the Swiss timetable to plan your trip and calculate travel time.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 March 2018 at 9:23:06 #879800

If you go to Schilthorn a very nice circuit to do is Lauterbrunnen to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (cogwheel train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Well worth a look. All these places are searcheable on the MySwissAlps website.

• The thread ‘5 night Swiss itinerary help from Zurich in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.