10 day itinerary Luzern-Interlaken-Zurich in July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2017 at 17:22:59 #811240

Hello all. Sorry I had to revise my itinerary due to request by family. I will buy Swiss travel pass 15 days or half fare card. We will arrive on 12th July at 6am.

12 -Arrive in Zurich in the morning and leave for Luzern. Explore Luzern. Go to lake Luzern, various sightseeing spots. Visit mt.Rigi.

13 -Go to Mount Titlis.

14 – Visit Chocolate and Cheese factory.

15 – Go to Interlaken via Golden Pass (scenic train).

Attend family function.

16 – Attend family function (Till 1pm). Visit lake brienz or lake thun.

17 – Jungfraujoch.

18 – Attend family function (till 1pm). Visit local sightseeing points.

19 – Zermatt. (return by evening)

20 – Attend family function (till 1pm). Go to Bern.

21 – Zurich. Visit Rheinfalls. Explore Zurich

22 – Flight to Mumbai.

Note – 12,13,14 = Luzern (local german spelling)

15,16,17,18,19,20 = Interlaken

21 = Zurich.

We have decided to choose only 3 bases. Hence, we have to drop Montreux.

Question : I really want to go to Mt.Pilatus. Is there any way to squeeze it in any of the days?

What do you think of this itinerary?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    1 April 2017 at 14:31:36 #860852

Hi bhavinab!

I think your schedule looks fine for most days. I’d reconsider visiting the chocolate and cheese factory on July 14 though; it’s a long trip from Lucerne. Did you check the timetable at myswissalps.com/timeta ble? If you really want to visit the factories, it would be better to do so from Interlaken. Otherwise you may drop this plan or keep it as a bad weather alternative, and visit Pilatus on July 14 instead.

By the way, theoretically you can visit Titlis and Pilatus in one day, e.g. on July 13. It’s not what I’d recommend though, as your travel scheme on such a day will be pretty tight.

As for July 19 and 20: you can surely visit Zermatt and Bern if you’re located in Interlaken. However, there are lots of viewing points close to Interlaken that require less traveling time and offer beautiful views. Please find suggestions at myswissalps.com/jungfr auregion/activities. Of course these are very personal decisions, and if Bern and Zermatt are high on your list, that’s perfectly fine.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2017 at 12:35:32 #860853

Thank you Annika for your advice and Sorry for the late reply.

We have decided to visit Pilatus on 14th.

We will visit Broc-Fabrique from Interlaken.

• The thread ‘10 day itinerary Luzern-Interlaken-Zurich in July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.