Mar 23, 2011 - 1:15 PM
This forum has been excellent in guiding the uninitiated people like us in planning the perfect swiss holiday.
The more research I do, the more confused I am and am hoping this forum will facilitate my planning.
The travel dates I have in mind are from 29th May, 2011 to 6th June, 2011. Travel group is a family of four (2 adults, 2 children - ages 7 and 11)
1. We are planning to land in Geneva on 29th morning. Thinking of a half day tour in Geneva if feasible. Travel to Montreaux on 29th night. Is there any way we can leave our luggage for half a day at the train station while we roam around the place?
2. Chocolate train ride on 30th morning. Spend the night in Montreaux. Can you please let us know how to get the tickets for the chocolate train?
3. On 31st, take the golden pass line from Montreaux to Interlaken. A dinner cruise in Interlaken in the evening....Can you tell us how to book tickets for that too?
4. 1st June, take the tour to Jungfrau from Interlaken. Spend the night in Interlaken
5. Depart from Interlaken to Lucerne on 2nd June, continuing on the golden pass line. Spend the night in Lucerne. Is there a good way to spend the evening in Lucerne?
6. Having covered Jungfrau, would you recommend Mt. Titlis or Mt. Pilatus from Lucerne on 3rd June? Spend the night in Lucerne. End golden pass line journey.
7. On 4th June, depart for Zurich.
8. On 5th June, visit Rhine falls. Spend the night in Zurich. Is there anything more worthwhile to see in and around Zurich instead of Rhine falls.
9. Depart from Zurich on 6th morning.
To summarize ( 2 nights in Montreaux, 2 nights in Interlaken, 2 in Lucerne ).
Please feel free to suggest changes to the above itinerary. Now the additional questions
Q1. What are the rail pass options that are most optimal?
Q2. Can I ride on the golden pass panaromic line with the Swiss saver pass?
Q3. For 2 adults and 2 kids, how many Swiss saver passes do I need?
Many thanks. Appreciate your help.