Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Itinery suggestions for bad weather in Interlaken

Itinery suggestions for bad weather in Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
chandraks
chandraks
111 posts
Aug 23, 2016 - 3:21 AM

Hi Arno/Annika/Slowpoke, When I am checking the weather 27th to 31st for interlaken, almost every day rain forecast, I am concerned now. Any suggestions if it is going to rain from 27th to 31st at interlaken ? I am planning on going to Jungfraujoch,Schilthorn, boat ride in lake Thun etc. I would really appreciate as how I should plan if there is rain forecast. Even if there is rain forecast, will it rain whole day usually ? I will be in lucerne from 31st to 4th, same forecast there as well. After planning and spending so much if it is all wet forecast, I would be very disappointed. I just want to have some kind of backup plan and would like to most of it during rain. I thought end of Aug and early September weather would be good. Thanks, Chandra

Arno
Arno
14122 posts
expert &
Aug 23, 2016 - 10:16 AM in reply to chandraks

Hi Chandra,

Please read this page: www.myswissalps.com/ weather/forecast. There's really no way to predict the weather so many days in advance. Currently they expect sunny and hot weather until Sunday, but you'd better check 2 days ahead of time, and then again the prior evening to finalize your plans. Just adapt to the weather and I'm sure you'll have a good time!

Please see the Interlaken and Lucerne pages for backup plans.

chandraks
chandraks
111 posts
Aug 24, 2016 - 3:23 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you Arno again ! Feeling much better after your reply and after reading the pages

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019