Availability of jain food in Zurich

Availability of jain food in Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Aditid
Aditid
5 posts
May 16, 2018 - 11:01 AM

we are a family who eats jain food i.e Pure vegetarien (no eggs also), no onion, no garlic, no potatoes too

so is there any restaurant in zurich that could serve us this type of food

or are there any veg indian restaurants in zurich?

Arno
Arno
10762 posts
expert &
May 16, 2018 - 11:42 AM

Hi Aditid,

I hadn't heard about jain food before. Can you list some food that you do regularly eat? I'm a Pescatarian (no meat, but fish is ok) and find it very easy to find food in supermarkets and restaurants, but your diet is much more strict. Have you considered renting an apartment with kitchen and do you own cooking?

You may find this interesting: www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland/culture history/food

Last modified on May 16, 2018 - 11:43 AM by Arno
Aditid
Aditid
5 posts
May 16, 2018 - 12:05 PM

Hi yes we have booked an apartment but on our last day we are going to stay in a hotel in zurich so wont be able to cook.

Jain is a diet followed here in India

Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
May 16, 2018 - 6:11 PM in reply to Aditid

There are several Indian restaurants in Zurich but I haven't been to them myself. Hiltl is vegetarian restaurant and has vegan options (similar to the Jain diet I believe).

This topic has come up a lot on our forum over the years - be sure to use the search box on our website to find other people's questions and answers on the topic.

Also, have a look at Zurich tourism's web page on vegan restaurants: https://www.zuerich.co m/en/visit/vegan-and-vegetarian

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4747 posts
expert
May 17, 2018 - 12:20 AM in reply to Aditid

Check out Hiltl in Zürich. Might work for you

Slowpoke

Rakubha
Rakubha
14 posts
May 17, 2018 - 1:12 AM

Try this.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188045-c211126/Switzerland:Vegetarian.And.Indian.Cuisine.html

I don't know this site have Food section or not but this information can be added for Vegetarins.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018