June trip Itinerary/ swiss pass suggestions please

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Rose79
Rose79
1 post
May 12, 2011 - 3:11 AM
Hello,

Me and my husband are planning a four day trip to Switzerland and will be staying in Grindelwald. Following is our intended itinerary. Will highly appreciate your feedback on our itinerary and swiss pass/card we should consider buying. At present we are thinking of buying swiss saver flexi for 4 days.

Thanks a lot in advance
Day 0 Reaching Grindelwald from venice.Not sure if we can see/do anything in the evening.
Day 1 Grindelwald to Mount titlis and return
Day 2 Cable carway from Interlaken –Lauterbrunnen – Grütschalp – Mürren – Schilthorn
– Stechelberg – Lauterbrunnen –Interlaken or Trip to Jungfrau
Day 4 Trip to Zermatt and return.Thinking of just looking around or doing a simple hike. any suggestions.
Day 5. Grindelwald to geneva.
Arno
Arno
13249 posts
expert &
May 12, 2011 - 3:42 AM
Hi Rose79,

Welcome to our website! I edited your post a bit as it contained weird formatting characters. You probably copied your text from Word or another program?

As for your questions:
Your itinerary looks like a good one. One more tip (you might have already read it in the forum) is to travel to or from Zermatt via the old route: the local train Spiez - Kandersteg - Goppenstein - Brig. The scenery is better than traveling via the new long tunnel. One of the options is to take the train to the Gornergrat and hike down to Riffelalp.

A 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for day 0, 1, 4 and 5 would indeed be a good choice. Further details and purchase options can be found here.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno
hazmel
hazmel
21 posts
May 15, 2011 - 7:12 PM
My wife and I have stayed in Lauterbrunnen in January for the last 5 years and love it. When we visit Grindlewald which we do at least 4 times during our stay we always call in at the cafe attached to the bakery at lunch time and enjoy the lovely soup. The bakery has a nice variety of cakes too which rounds off the meal perfectly.Enjoy your stay I wish I was there now.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019