Jungfraujoch train costs, with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2016 at 11:12:09 #810024

Hi all. I wanted to inquire, what will be the total train cost expected for taking the subject train ride from interlaken west. We are 2 adults & 2 children ( 5/1yr). I ordered 2 swiss travel passes for adults online, considering children under 6 are free to travel.

a) Wanted to know what will be the total return cost for the family for visiting jungfraujoch.

b) I want to take the following route, thinking i can visit trummelbach falls on my return from jungfrajoch. Is this possible?

Train Route: Interlaken> Grindelwald> Kleine Scheidegg> Jungfraujoch

Return: Jungfraujoch> Kleine Scheidegg> Lauterbrunnen (take trip to trummelbach falls)> Interlaken

c) Just found out that cogwheel train to Schynige platte is free with swiss travel pass. How long should this excursion be, considering i have a baby stroller with me & a 5yr old?!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    3 September 2016 at 11:26:36 #855670

Hi ajkhan, welcome to MySwissAlps!

a) CHF 132.75 for each adult.

b) Yes, that would work fine.

c) It takes nearly an hour to get there from Wilderswil.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2016 at 11:32:51 #855671

Thanks Arno.

1. So it means that i no longer have to wake up early for that good morning ticket. I can take this ticket at reduced price anytime throughout the day?

2. I can get this ticket directly from interlaken west, or do i have to go to Interlaken ost for getting jungfraujoch ticket?

3. Do i have to take one jungfraujoch ticket and then change trains, or the same train will get me thru grindelwald,kleine scheidegg to jungfraujoch?

Arno
    15479 posts
    3 September 2016 at 11:57:02 #855672

You’re most welcome!

1. Correct, the Good Morning Ticket is only for non-pass holders. You will get a better discount any time of the day with a Swiss Travel Pass.

2. You can buy it at any staffed station including the ones you mentioned.

3. I am not sure if I understand your question, but you will need to buy one ticket and that’s all you need during the day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2016 at 5:46:00 #855673

Hi there. I cannot tell you the total cost of the train to Junfrau but I would thoroughly recommend the cog railway to Synegie plateau! Not too long a ride but well worth it!! Lots of lovely walks and stunning views from the top, some of them easy with a buggy. Not sure the gardens are worth a visit especially with little ones.

Arno
    15479 posts
    6 September 2016 at 6:25:58 #855674

You mean Schynige Platte, right? It’s indeed wonderful, and free with a Swiss Travel Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2016 at 7:08:12 #855675

Hi,

yes sorry, I did mean schynige plateau!!!

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch train costs, with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.