Jungfraujoch train costs, with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ajkhan
ajkhan
2 posts
Sep 3, 2016 - 11:12 AM

Hi all. I wanted to inquire, what will be the total train cost expected for taking the subject train ride from interlaken west. We are 2 adults & 2 children ( 5/1yr). I ordered 2 swiss travel passes for adults online, considering children under 6 are free to travel.

a) Wanted to know what will be the total return cost for the family for visiting jungfraujoch.

b) I want to take the following route, thinking i can visit trummelbach falls on my return from jungfrajoch. Is this possible?

Train Route: Interlaken> Grindelwald> Kleine Scheidegg> Jungfraujoch

Return: Jungfraujoch> Kleine Scheidegg> Lauterbrunnen (take trip to trummelbach falls)> Interlaken

c) Just found out that cogwheel train to Schynige platte is free with swiss travel pass. How long should this excursion be, considering i have a baby stroller with me & a 5yr old?!

Arno
Arno
12134 posts
expert &
Sep 3, 2016 - 11:26 AM

Hi ajkhan, welcome to MySwissAlps!

a) CHF 132.75 for each adult.

b) Yes, that would work fine.

c) It takes nearly an hour to get there from Wilderswil.

Have fun!

ajkhan
ajkhan
2 posts
Sep 3, 2016 - 11:32 AM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno.

1. So it means that i no longer have to wake up early for that good morning ticket. I can take this ticket at reduced price anytime throughout the day?

2. I can get this ticket directly from interlaken west, or do i have to go to Interlaken ost for getting jungfraujoch ticket?

3. Do i have to take one jungfraujoch ticket and then change trains, or the same train will get me thru grindelwald,kleine scheidegg to jungfraujoch?

Arno
Arno
12134 posts
expert &
Sep 3, 2016 - 11:57 AM in reply to ajkhan

You're most welcome!

1. Correct, the Good Morning Ticket is only for non-pass holders. You will get a better discount any time of the day with a Swiss Travel Pass.

2. You can buy it at any staffed station including the ones you mentioned.

3. I am not sure if I understand your question, but you will need to buy one ticket and that's all you need during the day.

Last modified on Sep 3, 2016 - 11:57 AM by Arno
Sheilapd
Sheilapd
5 posts
Sep 6, 2016 - 5:46 AM in reply to ajkhan

Hi there. I cannot tell you the total cost of the train to Junfrau but I would thoroughly recommend the cog railway to Synegie plateau! Not too long a ride but well worth it!! Lots of lovely walks and stunning views from the top, some of them easy with a buggy. Not sure the gardens are worth a visit especially with little ones.

Arno
Arno
12134 posts
expert &
Sep 6, 2016 - 6:25 AM in reply to Sheilapd

You mean Schynige Platte, right? It's indeed wonderful, and free with a Swiss Travel Pass.

Last modified on Sep 7, 2016 - 5:27 PM by Arno
Sheilapd
Sheilapd
5 posts
Sep 6, 2016 - 7:08 AM in reply to Sheilapd

Hi,

yes sorry, I did mean schynige plateau!!!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019