Jungfrau train - can hop on and off at any station

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
yh2511
yh2511
7 posts
Apr 14, 2016 - 3:56 PM

Hi,

I would like to enquire on the followings as I couldn't find much info on these for Jungfrau train.

I would be departing from Interlaken to Jungfrau, and understand from the website that I can go up via Lauterbrunnen and come down via Grindelwald, or vice versa.

If I buy return ticket on the same day, am I free to hop on and off at any station along the journey?

If no, how does it work? At every station that it stops by, I couldn't get off? Or I can only get off for few minutes and have to board the same train again?

If yes, I can stay at 1 particular station for as long as I wish? Is there fixed seats allocated? What if one of the train is overloaded?

Also understood from the website that weather is important, however, would the tickets be sold out if I only buy on the day itself? Is the ticket fast selling in June?

Appreciate the advice as I couldn't decide how long would I need and what time should I depart.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019