Jungfraujoch – How to reach there

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2011 at 4:37:29 #804292

Hi,

I will be travelling toSwitzerland for 4 days. I want to do two mountain excursions -1. Jungfraujoch and 2. Mt Titlis.

Iwill buy a Swiss Saver Pass for me and my spouse. I have several questions asfollows

1.I have booked tickets form Paris till Basel via TGV. Since I haveSwiss Pass, I plan to trabel from Basel SBB to Interlaken using that pass.Please let me know if that possible.

2.I will be stationed in Interlaken. One day I want to go to Jungfraujochand another day to Mt. Titlis. I have read in the forum that there are two waysto go to Jungfraujoch.
    Oneis via Grindelwald and another via Lauterbrunnen. My question is when I take atrain from Interlaken OST to Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen; since I haveSwiss Pass the train travel should be free. Ami correct. Now once I reacheither of Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen, I need to use the Jungfraujoch RailwayPass. How much this Jungfraujoch Pass Ticket Cost. Does the price varydepending on the starting point like Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen.
    Alsowhere I can find the Jungfraujoch Railway Starting Time Table.

3.For Mount Titlis, please let m know how to reach there.

Manythanks for your help.

Suvajit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    16 April 2011 at 12:50:32 #832825

Hello Suvajit!

1) Yes, your Swiss Saver Pass is valid between Basel and Interlaken. Just make sure your pass is validated before using it. You can either do this yourself or have your pass stamped in the train from Paris to Basel or at the Basel railway station. Please review the map we link to at the Swiss Saver Pass page, under the header ‘Swiss Pass features’: it shows the exact network of validity throughout the country.

2) Details about the route to the Jungfraujoch can be found here. Train travel between Interlaken Ost is free up to Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen/Wengen. From there, a 25% discount applies to the rest of the Jungfraujoch trip, so you have to purchase 25% discounted train tickets. Fares can be found through the Swiss timetable and at the Jungfrau Railways website.

3) Details about the route to the Titlis can be found here. Mt. Titlis can be reached by cable car from Engelberg. Trains run from Lucerne to Engelberg. The Swiss timetable and the Mt. Titlis website will help you plan your trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2011 at 23:28:44 #832826

Suvajit – You can do a round trip (Kleine Scheidegg would bae roughly the midway point – from which the train through the Eiger to Jungfraujoch departs) via a “circle route”. Go through Grindelwald on your way “up” and come back via Wengen/Lauterbunnen. (Actually I would suggest the reverse – the view of the Lauterbrunnen Valley from the train as you go from Lauterbrunnen to and through Wengen is unforgettable. Sit on the right side facing the front of the train and have your camera ready! Likewise the shots of the Eigernordwand.)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2011 at 23:37:47 #832827

Hi,

Many thanks for the suggestions regarding the Jungfrau Travel.
    Couple of more questions, I have read in the forum,its been suggested not to buy the Jungfrau Pass before hand because of the uncertainty of weather, I will be travelling beginning June 2011, should you think there would be bad weather, of course no one can certainly tell that, just asking for a guesstimate. If I need to buy the Jungfrau Pas from Interlaken, I should be able to get it right from the Interlaken OST Station Counter showing my Swiss Pass. Is that correct.

As in my earlier mail, I asked weather I can travel from Basel to Interlaken with my Swiss Pass, yes I can,but do I need a reservation necessarily. Also I will be using the Swiss Pass to go from Interlaken to Geneva, Do I require a reservation for that sector also.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Suvajit

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    28 April 2011 at 4:00:46 #832828

Hello Suvajit,

It’s always hard to tell as far as weather is concerned. There’s a pretty good chance weather will be fine, but no one knows for sure. Yes, you will be able to buy the Jungfrau Pass in Interlaken Ost, just bring your Swiss Pass to make sure there’s a discount (I’m not sure about that).

You can travel from Basel to Interlaken using your Swiss Pass, reservations are not necessary.
    From Interlaken to Geneva: only if you’re planning to use the Golden Pass Line (a beautiful route!) reservations have to be made. There’s more than one way to travel from Interlaken to Geneva. You may want to check the SBB Time Table for more information about routes and times of departure and arrival.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2011 at 4:29:39 #832829

Hi Olga,

Many thanks for your response. Just another quick question. Travelling from Interlaken to Geneva, I will be able to use my Swiss Pass, it that correct.
    Many Thanks,
    Suvajit

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    28 April 2011 at 4:45:26 #832830

Hello Suvajit,

Yes, you can use your Swiss Pass travelling from Interlaken to Geneva. An overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid can be found on the Swiss Pass Page (there’s a link leading to the overview).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2011 at 11:22:25 #832831

Hi Olga,

Thanks very much for your reply. I do have another query. As suggested by you I will purchase the Jungfro passes from Interlaken OST Station only. I also want to do the Mount Titlis. Where from I can get the passes for Mount Titlis.
    Thanks,
    Suvajit

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 May 2011 at 14:03:57 #832832

Hi Suvajit,

A ticket for Mount Titlis can be purchased at the valley station of the lift in Engelberg.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2011 at 5:05:18 #832833

Hi,

As I requested information for purchase of Mt. Titlis Pass, can you please also let me know the exact route I need to take to Visit Mt Titlis, I will be travelling from Interlaken.

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 May 2011 at 10:54:26 #832834

Hi Suvajit,

You can best check the Swiss timetable Annika mentioned. Enter “Kleintitlis” as your destination.

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch – How to reach there’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.