Lake Como to St Moritz, 2 nights in March

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2016 at 23:18:18 #809119

I am in the early stages of planning our Vacation so bear with me. Here are my initial thoughts (which I have been planning my whole life lol).

At the end of March 2017 I would like to spend 5 nights on Lake Como in the town of Verenna than take the Bernina train to St Moritz for 2 nights than head back to Milan for 2 nights. Here are my questions

1. Does the Bernina express travel to St Moritz in late March? and if so. How do I book my reservations? I am picking the Bernina for its scenic qualities. If it does not run at the time of year what are my other options?
    2. Do you think I will be able to ski at that time of year? I am not married to St Moritz I just thought it was an easy destination without a car. I am a intermediate skier at best and I am going with people who have never skied But have a willing spirit. So any recommendations you might have will be greatly appreciated
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    8 May 2016 at 9:35:53 #851668

Hi michele19, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Bernina Express is very scenic indeed. By late March you’ll probably get to experience very diverse scenery, from spring-like circumstances near Tirano to wintry landscapes up at the Bernina Pass. The Bernina Express runs in late March. A link to the timetable can be found under “More on other websites” here. Information on seat reservation and tickets is listed here.

Skiing should be possible near St. Moritz by that time. Do mind that late March is near the end of the winter season, and this may mean that some ski lifts start closing or are closed already. The St. Moritz tourist website may be of further help.

Once your plans are set, I suggest you start looking into rail passes. A Swiss Half Fare Card may be worth your money. Alternatively, quite some hotels in St. Moritz offer discounted ski passes.

• The thread ‘Lake Como to St Moritz, 2 nights in March’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.