Lake cruise from Lucerne to Alpnachstad in June

• WTandBeyond
    Participant
    31 posts
    26 April 2021 at 20:21:05 #825821

We were supposed to visit Switzerland in June of 2020 and before the pandemic hit, I had created an itinerary that included using ferries as a means of transportation. I remember that ferry timetables were included on the SBB website back then. We have rescheduled our trip for June 2021 and now that there is a ray of hope that we might be able to travel, I have been going over the itinerary. However, it seems as though ferries that I had planned on taking are either not running, or the ferry timetable is no longer displayed on the SBB website. For example, originally I had planned on taking a ferry from Luzern over to Alpnachstad then on to the cogwheel for Mt. Pilatus. This ferry trip does not show up on the timetable as an option (I know I can take a train, but I thought a ferry might be more fun). Are the ferries not planning on running because of the pandemic or is their timetable just no longer on sbb.ch? If the latter, where do I find the ferry timetable?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    27 April 2021 at 7:00:10 #934935

Hi WTandBeyond,

The cogwheel train from Alpnachstad to Pilatus starts operation only in mid May so there’s probably no boat services from Lucerne to Alpnachstad until then. Also, due to pandemic there is a possibility that some boat services operate on a reduced timetable and is not reflected on the SBB timetable.

Attached is the Summer Timetable provided by the Lake Lucerne Navigation Company, which operates these services. You can find more information about cruises on Lake Lucerne here: http://www.myswissalps.com/boatlakelucerne

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 April 2021 at 16:08:25 #934936

Hi WTandBeyond,

In case you’re looking for more timetables: we have links to them on all of our boat, cable car and other pages if applicable. For example, if you click Anna’s link, click to Route, you’ll find it under “Information on other websites”.

Fingers crossed that you can come in June. I’m pretty sure it will be possible in summer, but not sure when yet.

• The thread ‘Lake cruise from Lucerne to Alpnachstad in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.