Lake Lucerne and Mt. Pilatus and Swiss Coupon Book

Lake Lucerne and Mt. Pilatus and Swiss Coupon Book

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
barbabley
barbabley
8 posts
Mar 27, 2017 - 3:31 PM

We will be arriving in Lucerne early afternoon May 31 and I am wondering if it is feasible to do a boat tour on the lake and go to Mt. Pilatus that same afternoon in order to take advantage of a rail travel pass. We will haven stayed 3 nights in Murren prior to our arrival and will probably not to the Schilthorn or Jungfrau as we did it several years ago and it is so expensive. We will be in Lucern until the afternoon of June 2. Also, would a Swiss Coupon Book be worth purchasing and if so should I get or 2 books? The website does not give specific examples of what is covered by the coupon book. Thanks for any help you can give?

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
Mar 27, 2017 - 5:34 PM

Hi Barbabley,

The only details I have for the Swiss Coupon Pass is listed here - I haven' seen it myself for more details.

Yes, you can do both a Lake cruise in Luzern and Mt. Pilatus - bit of a long day but certainly doable. Timetables can be searched here.

Lucas

Arno
Arno
9617 posts
expert &
Mar 27, 2017 - 5:45 PM

Hi Barbabley,

Most offers in the Swiss Coupon Pass are of the "2 for 1" type, so you only need one pass for two people.

rockoyster
rockoyster
929 posts
top member
Mar 28, 2017 - 5:01 AM in reply to barbabley

Hi Barbabley,

Have you checked out the Golden Round Trip. www.pilatus.ch/en/rail way-cableways/golden-round-trip/ or www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ offers/excursions/pila tus-golden-round-trip/ ? It seems to take about 5 hours but I'm not sure how much allowance is included in that for wandering around up top.

May be doable depending on how early afternoon you arrive Luzern.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017