29 June 2013 at 10:26:21 #806188

really need advice i’m from malaysia

for your information my plan :

26/9 -30/9- london

30/9 london to paris by train

30/9-1/10- paris

2/10 paris to switzerland by train

2/10-5/10- switzerland

5/10- switzerland to amsterdam by train/flight??

5/10- my conference in amsterdam

1. any specific train pass from london to paris than to zurich/lucern-swiss alps- amsterdam (amsterdam is my last destination before departure to KL Malaysia on 10/10)

2.i only have 4 days 3 nights in switzeland , my interest are zurich , lucern and jungfrau, its possible for me to do city seeing site and alps within that limited time?

and which transportation is preferable for me to go to amsterdam and via which city (zurich/lucern/bern)??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    30 June 2013 at 10:16:03 #839285

Hello linahalmi. I think you should consider a 4 day Swiss Pass for your stay in Switzerland and regular train tickets for your further trips (London-Paris, Paris-Basel, maybe Basel-Amsterdam). You can get your pass and tickets in one order from Malaysia: the pass here and separate tickets here. You don’t seem to plan intensive traveling in France and the Netherlands, so it looks like it wouldn’t be worth your money to buy passes for these countries too.

Yes, you will manage to visit the places you mention in 4 days. You could travel from Paris to Zurich (using your Swiss Pass from Basel onward) and spend a night there. Next, move on to Lucerne and do some sightseeing there. The last base would be Interlaken (or a nearby town) for the Jungfraujoch visit; you’d then return to Zurich again for either a flight or a train trip to Amsterdam. All train trips, including those from Paris and to Amsterdam, can be planned using the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2013 at 9:05:24 #839286

really thanks for the feedback. appreciate it

hope will enjoy that trip

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2013 at 23:47:21 #839287

from london to paris i already book eurostar on 29/9 at 850am

hotel in paris still not yet booking- any sugestion for budjet hotel near train station-? basically i just want to do paris city tour and nearby tourist attraction.

just wonder its possible if i took tgv train from paris to geneva than iterlaken for the jungfraujoch visit than move to lucern and zurich for city tour) before departure from basel to amsterdam ( worth it in term of time and cost??)

1/10- from paris to geneva (TGV)- geneva to interlaken overnight in interlaken (swiss pass)

2/10- early morning for jungfraujouch visit ( which train i need to take for this??)

3/10- interlaken to lucern for lucern seeing side ( overnight lucern)- swiss pass

4/10- lucern to basel via zurich for zurich city tour than night to basel and hanging around at the airport till morning- swiss pass

5/10- 7am easyjet from basel to amsterdam

really thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 July 2013 at 8:15:13 #839288

Hello linahalmi,

Note that there are many train station in Paris. Trains from London arrive in Gare du Nord. Trains to Switzerland depart from Gare de Lyon. Hotels near the Gare du Nord can be found here, and near Gare de Lyon here. You may want to look into the Paris Pass for your stay.

I think the trip is worth it. It’s short, but if you want to see Switzerland you can see a lot in a few days. To make your trip more convenient you can consider taking the most direct route from Paris to Interlaken (which is via Basel), unless you take the detour via Geneva because you want to see the scenic route via Montreux and Zweisimmen (Golden Pass). That’s a really nice route and it’s covered by the Swiss Pass. Another thing: do you mean to not book an hotel in Basel and just wait at the airport overnight? I think the terminal is open 24 hours a day, but there won’t be much to do I guess. An airport hotel is much more convenient and does not have to be expensive.

All trains, including to the Jungfraujoch, are in the timetable. Your Swiss Pass covers part of the trip for free and the rest is discounted. You can get the discounted ticket at the rail station in Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2013 at 6:19:48 #839289

hai..

i just wonder with swiss pass i still need to do reservation for my train within swiss?

im planning to take train from paris to geneva and buy a golden pass (50%) from geneva to interlaken ost

im planning to stay within interlaken west

really thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2013 at 6:27:12 #839290

sorry… which company provide print out ticket at home for train from paris to geneva without using delivery service?
    i just wonder how to buy swiss pass ..better tro agent in malaysia or online which i can print out too

thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 August 2013 at 8:12:20 #839291

Hi linahalmi,

99% of Swiss trains do not require reservations. If you do need them for a specific train, a Swiss Pass does not make a difference, so you need to arrange for it. Here is more information.

I’m not sure what you mean by “buy a golden pass”. The Golden Pass is a route, not a rail pass that you can buy. The route is free if you have a Swiss Pass.

Swiss Passes can not be printed out by yourself, regardless of where you buy it. Annika gave you the links for your local agent on June 30: this page to get the pass and this one (on the same website) to get the Paris to Geneva ticket. See here to get a discount on the whole order (until August 28). The tickets Paris to Geneva can either be printed at home, or printed at the rail station with the confirmation code you would get, or shipped to you (the exact option depends on the train you select).

I hope this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2013 at 12:15:34 #839292

most of train ticket and hotel settle! really thanks…

i bought train ticket from paris to geneva and plan to take scenic route to interlaken ..but i wonder its possible to catch the scenic train from montreux at 130pm on the same day because my train arrived at geneva around 1215noon from paris…

need advice tq

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 August 2013 at 2:54:46 #839293

Hi linahalmi,

That’s too little time I’m afraid. For details, just see the timetable I gave you before.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2013 at 13:02:14 #839294

hi

i will arrived from paris to geneva CFF at 12noon 1oct 2013, plan for city tour and boat cruise
    how to go for that tour from geneva CFF train station to old town and boat cruise ?? i plan to catch train to interlaken west at 16:45 from geneva CFF..its possible? need your help

Annika
    7103 posts
    13 September 2013 at 13:04:00 #839295

Hi linahalmi. There are several boat docks at the quay south-east of the train station; they’ll only require short walks. This page provides links to boat schedules; take a look at the round trip Geneva Mont Blanc-La Belotte-Bellevue-Geneva Jardin Anglais for example. You’d get out right next to the Jet d’Eau which I assume you want to see on your city tour. You can start a short stoll by foot through the old town centre here, making your way back to the train station. I think this map will be of help in planning what you want to see. Keep in mind that you won’t have a lot of time if you want to combine both plans, so if Geneva itself is your main priority, you may have to skip the boat trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2013 at 13:16:14 #839296

thanks for the advice in geneva
    need advice from interlaken west to lucern

im planning to cruise on lake brienz than rail trip by golden pass line to engelberg excursion up to mount titlis than cont rail to lucern stay overnight there.

but i wondering how i need to manage all my luggage from interlaken – lake brienz- mt titlis to lucern.(its posibble to carry on during that journey) and the time table for boat and the golden pass line.

and i still confuse which transportation to mt titles- cog railway ? cable car to mt titlis ?

thanks..

Annika
    7103 posts
    20 September 2013 at 9:20:30 #839297

Hello linahalmi. It’s not very comfortable to carry along luggage all day on such a trip. It depends on how much you want to take along of course, but you it will be easier if you use SBB’s Fast Baggage Service. Boat timetables for Lake Brienz are at the BLS website. As for the Golden Pass route: all trains running this route are listed in the regular timetable Arno previously provided; both the regular regional trains (no seat reservation required) and the special panoramic trains. A separate timetable for the panoramic trains can be found here too. The Titlis website informs you about transportation from Engelberg.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 October 2013 at 10:23:05 #839298

thanks a lot i really enjoy my holiday in switzeland..really beneficial this website…

• The thread ‘London- paris- switzerland- amsterdam’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.