Longer/difficult hikes in Bernese Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2016 at 7:07:45 #809134

Hi,

Me and my wife would be at Wengen from 21st to 25th July. We are interested in hiking in the region. We have experience trekking in the Himalayas up to 5000 mtrs (although nothing technical).

I was looking for good day hikes which would take 4 hrs plus of climbing and take us high up in the mountains. One I have shortlisted is Murren to Schilthorn. Can you please suggest another such hike? The hike can be even longer 6-7 hrs if its possible to get back by cable car/train etc/

I know there are lots of other easier and picturesque hikes which we plan to do on first 2 days. Was just looking was another hike which would be a bit more challenging without being technical and needing equipment etc

Thanks

Bhushan

• The thread ‘Longer/difficult hikes in Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.