Lucerne in June for 3 days – Tell Pass required?

• Anu
    Participant
    4 posts
    8 May 2018 at 19:28:22 #815836

Dear All,

We are group of 6 people will be visiting Lucerne from 18th June 2018 to 20th June 2018. Came up with an itinerary but would love some suggestion from all of you.

Itinerary from 18th June 2018-20th June 2018.

Day 1: London-Zurich(flight)- reach 9.50am

Train to Lucerne. We will reach Lucerne about 11am.

Visit to Lake Lucerne. (which ride would be scenic and worth the visit?)

Btw, what time will the shops and restaurants will be closed daily?

What programme would you suggest for wet weather programme?

Day 2: Visit to mt Pilatus and Mount Rigi. Which one will better to do first?

Day 3: Could I do anything in the morning before we leave to Zurich? Flight to Venice 1.15pm in Zurich.

Questions:

1. Kindly do let me know where can i get the prices for to the attractions on my own? I did come across tours but i was wondering if i could do on my own.

2. How will the weather be like in mid-June? i read that its unpredictable. Must i bring winter jacket?

3. I came across about Tell Pass,do you think it’s a worth to buy pass? Or should I get swiss travel pass? and will my ride from Zurich train station to Lucerne by train will be free? Or must I get a ticket for that?

4. I was looking at the place to stay. Could you suggest some affordable places to stay? We are 3couples.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Anu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 May 2018 at 0:34:06 #884684

I just made some comments on your other thread before I realised you had started a new one.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 4:07:00 #884685

Hi Anu,

1. The timetable will give you prices for all trips – the first price is for the Swiss Half Fare Card so double it for the regular fare.
    2. In the cities it should be warm and quite nice – even hot (25-30 degrees maybe), In the mountains it could be as low as 5 degrees or so.
    3. Read about how to choose the best rail pass for your itinerary here.

Shops usually close around 6pm (and closed on Sundays). Restaurants until may be 9 or 10.
    Visit the mountain in the morning with the better looking weather.

• The thread ‘Lucerne in June for 3 days – Tell Pass required?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.