Lucerne to Jungfrau by Viator

• giftofgod
    Participant
    12 posts
    9 July 2016 at 5:48:47 #809630

Hi

I saw a trip on VIATOR “Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Day Trip from Lucerne“. The trip starts at 9:30 AM from lucerne and the duration is around 9 hrs 30 minutes.

Can the trip get completed in so much time and how much time is given to spend on Top of the mountain.

If any one has some idea or any suggestions, it will be helpful for me.

Thanks

sanjeev

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2016 at 6:07:29 #853911

Hi Sanjeev,

You should have plenty of time at the top because they don’t include any other sites in this trip. I don’t know the exact amount of time but I would guess you have about 2.5 hours on the top. For further details, please see http://www.viator.com/tours/L ucerne/Jungfraujoch-Top-of-Europe-Day-Trip-from-Lucerne/d576-2460JUNG_L.

subaark
    Participant
    17 posts
    9 July 2016 at 14:40:38 #853912

Hi Sanjeev,

Do this on your own. No guided tour necessary. Follow MyswissAlps: myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch.

We did this on our own from Luzern.

Suganthy

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2016 at 8:33:59 #853913

Yes, on your own is better, and you can plan you day self.

You can also leave Lucerne early in the morning, then you have much time to visit also Wengen or Grindelwald. Also it is posible to walk in the snow from Jungfraujoch to the Mönchhutte and back.

giftofgod
    Participant
    12 posts
    12 July 2016 at 12:27:46 #853914

Hi

Thanks to Subaark, Brahms, Arno for giving me a better idea and confidence to travel to Jungfrau from Lucerne on my own. Traveling by my own saves me a lot of money, your suggestions were very helpful

Few more questions and your help is highly appreciated. I have build an itinerary for travel from lucerne to jungfrau. A go through and checkup of the itinerary by an Expert may find any loop hole and will help me to plan better.

My journey date from Lucerne to Jungfrau will be on 06/11/2016 (mostly off season). We are TWO persons. I will be holding SWISS TRAVEL PASS . Train Timings may have slight changes later.

Luzern To Interlaken OST Train Time Dep 06:05 Arr 07:54 (01:49) Free with STP

Interlaken OST To Grindelwald Train Time Dep 08:05 Arr 08:39 ( 34 Min) Free with STP

Grindelwad To Kleine Scheidegg Train Time Dep 08:47 Arr 09:20 (34 Min) 25 % Reduction

Kleine Scheidegg To Jungfrau Train Time Dep 09:30 Arr 10:22 (52 Min) 25 % Reduction

RETURN

Jungfrau To Kleine Scheidegg Train Time Dep 14:00 Arr 14:50 (50 Min) 25 % Reduction

Kleine Scheidegg To Lauterbrunnen Train Time Dep 15:31 Arr 16:21 (50 Min) 25 % Reduction

Lauterbrunen To Interlaken OST Train Time Dep 16:33 Arr 16:54 (21 Min) Free with STP

Interlaken Ost To Lucerne Train Time Dep 17:04 Arr 18:55 (1:51) Free with STP

Queries Are :

1) Are the above route correct or i am missing something here ?

2) Are 25 % reduction and FREE with STP justifies with SWISS TRAVEL PASS

3) Can I stop at Kleine Scheidegg / Lauterbrunnen , leave the current train i am travelling, wait there for an hour and take next train. Since no reservation will be done, so Is it possible ?

4) Should i buy the ticket for Jungfrau from Lucerne or Interlaken OST and can i buy the ticket in advance !

5) 06/11/2016 is SUNDAY, so will the train be crowded !

Guidance and suggestions are needed

Thanks

Sanjeev

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 July 2016 at 12:49:20 #853915

Hi Sanjeev,

1)The route is ok. You can buy the ticket for the discounted section in Luzern, at the train station. The Swiss Travel Pass can be purchased online and printed at home (see here). The place you are traveling to is called Jungfraujoch, not Jungfrau, but that’s a detail.

2) You need to take a look at all your trips, not just to Jungfraujoch. Instructions can be found here.

3) Sure, no problem.

4) Please see 1) and also the link that Suganthy gave you (click to the Tickets tab).

5) That depends on the weather. Most people won’t go up if there are no views.

• The thread ‘Lucerne to Jungfrau by Viator’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.