Thanks to Subaark, Brahms, Arno for giving me a better idea and confidence to travel to Jungfrau from Lucerne on my own. Traveling by my own saves me a lot of money, your suggestions were very helpful
Few more questions and your help is highly appreciated. I have build an itinerary for travel from lucerne to jungfrau. A go through and checkup of the itinerary by an Expert may find any loop hole and will help me to plan better.
My journey date from Lucerne to Jungfrau will be on 06/11/2016 (mostly off season). We are TWO persons. I will be holding SWISS TRAVEL PASS . Train Timings may have slight changes later.
Luzern To Interlaken OST Train Time Dep 06:05 Arr 07:54 (01:49) Free with STP
Interlaken OST To Grindelwald Train Time Dep 08:05 Arr 08:39 ( 34 Min) Free with STP
Grindelwad To Kleine Scheidegg Train Time Dep 08:47 Arr 09:20 (34 Min) 25 % Reduction
Kleine Scheidegg To Jungfrau Train Time Dep 09:30 Arr 10:22 (52 Min) 25 % Reduction
Jungfrau To Kleine Scheidegg Train Time Dep 14:00 Arr 14:50 (50 Min) 25 % Reduction
Kleine Scheidegg To Lauterbrunnen Train Time Dep 15:31 Arr 16:21 (50 Min) 25 % Reduction
Lauterbrunen To Interlaken OST Train Time Dep 16:33 Arr 16:54 (21 Min) Free with STP
Interlaken Ost To Lucerne Train Time Dep 17:04 Arr 18:55 (1:51) Free with STP
Queries Are :
1) Are the above route correct or i am missing something here ?
2) Are 25 % reduction and FREE with STP justifies with SWISS TRAVEL PASS
3) Can I stop at Kleine Scheidegg / Lauterbrunnen , leave the current train i am travelling, wait there for an hour and take next train. Since no reservation will be done, so Is it possible ?
4) Should i buy the ticket for Jungfrau from Lucerne or Interlaken OST and can i buy the ticket in advance !
5) 06/11/2016 is SUNDAY, so will the train be crowded !
Guidance and suggestions are needed