Golden Pass to Montreux and Glacier 3000

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2018 at 15:45:53 #815088

Hi

I will be reaching swizerland in first week of May and my base for 6 days is Lucerne.

One day I plan to take the Golden pass route and go to Montreux and Gstad and Glacier 3000

Going through all the threads i am quite confused

Cansomeone kindly help me with the exact route

Also once I reach montreux kindly share what all i can do in that city

Looking forward for valuable inputs from this wonderful Forum.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2018 at 16:12:54 #880634

Hi Poulami,

So from Lucerne, you follow the Golden Pass until Gstaad. Lucerne – Interlaken – Zweisimmen – Gstaad. Then you take a post bus to Col Du Pillon where you take the cable car up to Glacier 3000. Read about my recent trip there here.

There are quite a few changes on this route and to find the schedule that incorporates the Golden Pass is tricky. It will be default take you on faster trains. You want to travel from Luzern to Interlaken Ost on the Luzern – Interlaken Express. Then from Interlaken Ost to Zweisimmen and then to Gstadd where you take a bus to Glacier 3000 (bus stop is Col du Pillon). Then after you need to back track to Gstaad and train to Montreux

For ideas on what to do in Montreux click here.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass to Montreux and Glacier 3000’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.