Lucerne/Jungfrau/Schilthorn in one day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2010 at 5:11:06 #803983

Hi Friends, Will be staying near Lucerne next April as part of an organised group tour. Have one day ‘free’ for whatever I intend to do. My thoughts are – an early start to visit the Jungfrau followed by a visit to the Schilthorn, which I see is in the vicinity. My question is – is this a viable proposition bearing in mind the distances, terrain and what-ever time it gets dark. I intend to travel by train. Any advice welcomed. Terry

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    31 August 2010 at 7:34:29 #831773

Hello Terry,

It’s doable, but it’s much. You will be full and tired of impressions after having visited the Jungfrau (I take it you mean Jungfraujoch?). After that racing to the Schilthorn, I don’t know… I’ve visited both Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn, but I would never do it on one day.

I wish you a very pleasant stay in Switzerland, and it’s April before you know it :-)!

Olga

Annika
    7115 posts
    31 August 2010 at 14:05:10 #831774

Hi Terry. I agree with Olga: visiting both Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn in one day from Lucerne would result in quite a full travel day. You can take a look at the Swiss timetable and the Schilthorn timetable to plan your trip and determine whether you’re up for this. It can be done, and if it’s a beautiful day and if you have energy left you can of course do both. No seat reservations are required, so you may also decide on the spot if you want to get up to Schilthorn as well.

Good luck with your further planning!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2010 at 17:28:02 #831775

Thank you Arno and Olga for your kind replies. As I thought it might be too much to be able to really enjoy in one day. I may give it more thought nearer the time. Thanks again. Terry

• The thread ‘Lucerne/Jungfrau/Schilthorn in one day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.