Luggage deposit at Bern railway station

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 0:58:46 #820470

we r going from Interlaken to Zermatt vis broc carrying luggage. would it be ok to get down at Bern n deposit luggage n catch train to Broc and while returning pick it up b proceed to Zermatt??? or any other advise???

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 March 2019 at 2:14:20 #906898

I presume you are taking that detour to visit the chocolate factory. I believe there is luggage storage at the factory but not 100% sure.

The detour is going to add over 4 hours to your trip not counting how long you spend eating chocolates. 😉

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 5:29:56 #906899

Hi Raul ac,

Of course it is possible to leave your luggage at Bern railway station. Use this link to get an overview of it. You will find a nice pdf map on this page, too:
    http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations/bern-station.html

Do consider Rockoysters input of your plan being long travelling times. To find out yourself about travelling times on your planned itinerary use our timetable. Make sure you read how to use it, it’s an invaluable tool for planning in Switzerland:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Get back to us for any further input.

Best,
    Steph

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 March 2019 at 6:40:55 #906900

Hi Steph,

Reason I was thinking of storage of luggage at the choccie factory was that I had in mind, but forgot to mention, the possibility of continuing from Broc to Montreux instead of doubling back all the way to Speiz.

But that would of course add a bit more length to the day. But at least fresh views rather than reruns. 😇

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 11:12:21 #906901

i tried searching online for info on d same… thr is no storage at broc or the factory… if we request they hold up luggage but wouldnt that be bit risky?

yes going ahead to Montreux would be more time consuming…

as far as fresh views r concerned i think we can change sides on d train while returning 😜

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 11:13:51 #906902

can swiss experts tell definitively if thr is luggage storage at Broc or Gruyere???

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 11:34:02 #906903

Hi Rahul,

According to their webpages you should have lockers available in Broc. See their webpage:
    http://www.cailler.ch/en/mais on-cailler

But I don’t see any similar information on the Gruyère webpage. To be entirely sure contacting them by email is an option.
    gruyere.com/en/la-maison-du-gruyere/

Sorry to not provide more detailed information.

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Luggage deposit at Bern railway station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.