Luggage storage at Brig or Zermatt stations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2020 at 8:31:11 #825209

Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I read a few posts before signing up to become a member.

I am going to Switzerland in 10 days time and travelling from Milan to Brig by train.I have seen on SBB website that there are luggage lockers at Brig. However wasn’t sure if those lockers are big enough to accommodate large bags. I am an international traveller carrying 2 suitcases with me.

If those lockers aren’t big enough, can someone advise how I can work around this problem. I don’t want to waste time in checking into BnB I have booked in Brig before going to Matterhorn.

Are there big lockers at Zermatt Station?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2020 at 8:54:47 #930124

Hi Wittyenggs and welcome to MySwissAlps,

there are lockers at both of the stations (Brig and Zermatt). How big are your bags?

In Brig there are 2 types of lockers: small (24.8 x 42 x 75 cm) and large (44.7 x 61.5 x 88 cm). In Zermatt there are more types, the sames as Brig plus even a bigger: 54 x 95 x 76 cm.

Also have you heard about the luggage service of SBB? It might be useful for you: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage

Also read:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2020 at 9:01:09 #930125

Hi Ildiko,

Thanks for a quick reply. I would actually prefer to store it in Zermatt itself. Would I be able to pre-book these lockers online. Also is 54 * 95* 76 width * height * length?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2020 at 9:10:12 #930126

The dimensions are W x H x D: 54 x 95 x 76. You can see all the details at http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations/further-stations/station.1689.zermatt.html.

I do not think you can reserve any of the lockers as far as I remember they were automatic lockers in Zermatt.

Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2020 at 9:13:13 #930127

Thanks for that, if I can’t pre-book, is there a risk of not getting an empty locker by the time I reach?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 February 2020 at 9:44:09 #930128

There is also a left-luggage office at Zermatt so if there are no vacant lockers you can leave your stuff there.

• The thread ‘Luggage storage at Brig or Zermatt stations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.