Luzern for 5 nights in July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2011 at 15:13:39 #804383

Please suggest on below:
    Fly into Zurich on 21st, take train to luzern, and stay at luzern from 21st to 26th morning. Catch 26th 9.20 am international flight from zurich – (hope there are trains at 5.00am to get m eto zurich at 6.00am)
    It’ll be me, my hunny and we have a 6 yr old and a 1 yr old baby.
    22nd : Mt pilatus trip (does it inclue a boat ride?)
    23rd : Jungfrau trip
    24: open – wither rigi, or titlis, not sure whats a good activity for this day
    25: golden pass or glacier express trip – want a relaxing day
    26: back to zurich
    Could you please tell me if saver pass for the 2 of us (kid will be free) or a half fare pass (kid will b efree) will be better to do all these trips? 26th i’ll not be able to use the 4-day saver, if i start using it on 21st, so i have to buy a tix for us from luzern to zurich.
    thanks much
    Shilpa

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 June 2011 at 6:07:15 #833129

Hello Shilpa,

A 4-day Swiss Saver Pass (June 22 to 25) + regular tickets (June 21 and 26) would be the cheapest option for you. If you choose the Rigi instead of Titlis, that trip would be free (the Titlis cable car is discounted). You can best wait with that decision until you’ve watched the weather forecast. That goes for the Jungfrau and Pilatus as well by the way. You might want to switch those days if the weather requires to do so.

The cog railway to the Pilatus starts in Alpnachstad. You can travel there by boat or train. I would recommend to take the boat as you do a lot of train traveling already.

As for the Golden Pass: you can include the Northern section (Luzern – Meiringen – Interlaken) on your way to the Jungfrau. That would leave the Soutern section (Spiez – Zweisimmen – Montreux) for June 25. That’s quite a long trip from Luzern though. Please check the timetable for schedules. The Glacier Express is too far away from Luzern.

Where are you from? You might be able to take advantage of these extra discounts. With those discounts it could even be more economical to get the 8-day Swiss Saver Pass.

I hope this helps you. Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2011 at 23:23:00 #833130

thanks so much for your response. Besides mountain peaks, can i do something else? So maybe only rigi and jungfrau. then 2 days something else – 1 day the golden pass, and 1 day ?

Annika
    7103 posts
    12 June 2011 at 8:54:58 #833131

Hi Shilpa. A boat ride over Lake Lucerne is wonderful. Some other ideas for a stay in Lucerne can be found in this topic.

• The thread ‘Luzern for 5 nights in July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.