Luzern to Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2013 at 14:09:56 #805998

Hi,
    I’ll be in Luzern area from June 26th thru 29th night with wife and 2 kids. Does it make sense to take a day trip to Jungfrau from Luzern or just explore local area like Pilatus, Rigi and titlis ?

Thx
    Vikas

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    16 May 2013 at 8:11:49 #838687

Hi Vikas,

If that trip is high on your wish list you can certainly do it. The trip to the Jungfrau via Meiringen and Interlaken (Golden Pass) is great too. The timetable shows you how long the trip would take. There’s plenty to do in the Lucerne area though, as you can see in this topic, and the mountains you mentioned are beautiful day trips.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2013 at 8:56:03 #838688

Dear Vikas,
    A day trip to Jungfrau is not worth it. kids would get bored too since its a long journey by train.

we had been to lucerne in March and i would suggest that you just explore local areaslike Pilatus, Rigi and titlis ?

Titlis is beautiful and so is Rigi. In fact if u wud be taking Swiss pass then trip to Rigi is free. Also I wud highly recommend

the transport museum(don’t know the kids ages) but pl check its website. It’s definitely worth a visit.

Enjoy and have a great trip

Meg

• The thread ‘Luzern to Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.