How to plan a family trip to Zurich and Lucerne?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2016 at 9:48:19 #808382

Hello

Me and family (2 adult and 2 kids) are travelling to Switzerland first time. We really need your help because every time we search and try to make a internity we failed the train names and cities name are so confusion that we cant make anything yet.

We chech in in Zurich on 23 march 10pm and we spend night in hotel and then next whole we are in Zurich ((but don’t know what to do on 24th March.

Then on 25th March we need to check out from Zurich and we go to Lucere with all are luggage (dont know which train or to book seats before or how they give us space for our luggage) then we check in in Lucere on 25 march in morning some time and dont know what to do there as well and check out on 27 march early morning so catch our plane from Zurich airport.

# we love to see sightseeing, mountain and train journey.

#we want to see some places which we come to know after we search Jougfarujoch, Titlis, Pilatus, Lucere lake,Rigi and Zurich Lake.

But its not confirm because we dont have any single idea where to start and what come in our journey route.

Please help us!!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2016 at 13:53:16 #848239

Hi Maryam20,

I too had the same dilema when i planned my 16th to 20th march first ever lucerne trip. few of the points which helped me are

1 train details can be found at www. Sbb. ch/en.Just put the origin and destination

2. Visit individual city tourism site zurich and lucerne and decide what you want to see and how long it takes to cover each attractions

3.In march you will be eligible for free 2 day tell pass which covers bus rail boat and covers mountain excursion travel as well

4.Once you gone through above points you may come back with day to day iternary and the forum members will be able to fine tune your travel plan

Hope this helps

• The thread ‘How to plan a family trip to Zurich and Lucerne?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.