Sep 10, 2012 - 1:41 PM
1. Yes, the GA 2nd class is the right option as that has the same conditions as a free travel day on your Swiss Flexi Pass.
2. Some tickets are already available as an e-ticket at the SBB, others aren't yet. If the alternatives don't work for you, you can instead book your tickets through this seat reservation page
3. Validation of the pass depends on the reseller. Some require you to get a stamp at a railway station or in an international train, others allow you to write down personal data yourself to validate the pass. The 'Quick transfer' option in the Swiss Flexi Pass reseller overview
(at the right hand of the page) provides this information.
4. There's no customs procedure. You may be asked to show your passports in the train when crossing the border.
5. The direct train via Chiasso, Luagno and Arth-Goldau is the most obvious choice and it's definitely a scenic route. Alternatives (e.g. by entering another via-station) can be found in the timetable
. One such alternative would be Brig - Spiez (by regional Lötschberg train) - Interlaken - Meiringen - Lucerne - Zurich.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno