Milan to Zurich w/ SwissFlexi Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2012 at 3:28:45 #805610

I need to book a ticket from Milan to Zurich, on the first day of validity of my Swiss Flexi Pass (2 cl).

1. To I book the tickets on sbb.ch, I am choosing the option “GA 2.cl, 1yr GA Subscription”. Is this the correct option?
    2. The delivery options available are “ticket pick-up” & “by post”. None of these work for me. Is there a way to get the ticket online?
    3. Where will the pass be validated? On the train, or at Milan?
    4. Where will I have to go through passport-check/immigration/ customs?

If the direct train does not work, what would be the best alternative? (I was earlier planning on the Bernina Exp, but have had to change plans mid-way).

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    10 September 2012 at 13:41:04 #837171

Hi rbhatt4.

1. Yes, the GA 2nd class is the right option as that has the same conditions as a free travel day on your Swiss Flexi Pass.
    2. Some tickets are already available as an e-ticket at the SBB, others aren’t yet. If the alternatives don’t work for you, you can instead book your tickets through this seat reservation page.
    3. Validation of the pass depends on the reseller. Some require you to get a stamp at a railway station or in an international train, others allow you to write down personal data yourself to validate the pass. The ‘Quick transfer’ option in the Swiss Flexi Pass reseller overview (at the right hand of the page) provides this information.
    4. There’s no customs procedure. You may be asked to show your passports in the train when crossing the border.
    5. The direct train via Chiasso, Luagno and Arth-Goldau is the most obvious choice and it’s definitely a scenic route. Alternatives (e.g. by entering another via-station) can be found in the timetable. One such alternative would be Brig – Spiez (by regional Lötschberg train) – Interlaken – Meiringen – Lucerne – Zurich.

• The thread ‘Milan to Zurich w/ SwissFlexi Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.