About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Mobility car sharing in Switzerland worth it?
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Mobility car sharing in Switzerland worth it?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mmnafletcher
Mmnafletcher
19 posts
Jun 30, 2022 - 2:01 PM

Hi! We are traveling to Switzerland in a few days and will be spliting our 8 nights between Lauterbrunnen and Luzern- we have purchased the Swiss Travel Pass for each of our 4 family members. We were also considering subscribing to Mobility in order to have access to a car if needed- does anyone have insight into this service? Is it worth it? Are the cars easy to access? Easy to find? Thank you!

Ildiko
Ildiko
2472 posts
top member &
Jun 30, 2022 - 4:42 PM in reply to Mmnafletcher

Hi there,

you can read about 'Mobility' here a bit: www.myswissalps.com/car/carrental. And you'll also find the link to the site in the box on the right side called 'Information on other websites'. Apart from that I do not have any information, sorry, haven't tried it yet.

I hope that other forum members know more about this car haring service and that they will share their experiences with us. I would love to hear about it too.

Take care,
Ildiko

Arno
Arno
15650 posts
expert &
Jul 1, 2022 - 2:09 PM in reply to Mmnafletcher

Hi Mmnafletcher,

As far as I know, the Mobility car sharing network doesn't exist very long yet compared to regular car rental companies, so it may be hard to find travelers who have first-hand experience with this. The cars are available at many locations though, and the system looks pretty easy to use. If you have remaining questions after visiting the Mobility website we link to, you could try to contact them directly.

In general you'll rarely need a car. The Swiss public transport system is excellent and gets you to pretty much all beautiful spots: www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/howtotravel. You can easily hop on and off as you like with your Swiss Travel Pass. In the Lauterbrunnen area, many destinations are even car-free:https://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion

Maybe this comparison helps: www.myswissalps.com/carversustrain.

Whichever travel mode you choose, I hope you'll have a wonderful stay in Switzerland :-)!

Mmnafletcher
Mmnafletcher
19 posts
Jul 2, 2022 - 12:46 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you Arno!

We all have Swiss passes, and can’t wait for our trip in 3 days!!!

Anna
Anna
3856 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2022 - 7:02 AM in reply to Mmnafletcher

Hi Mmnafletcher,

Just to share, Mobility is a car-sharing service geared mainly for Swiss residents. You have to be a member (paying regular subscription fee) to use the service. Members can hire Mobility cars on need-base basis. If you are a tourist, it's advisable to rent cars from proper car rental companies.

With your Swiss Travel Pass, you probably don't need a car to travel. Enjoy your trip!

regards,

Anna

Last modified on Jul 2, 2022 - 12:17 PM by Arno

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about us

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022