About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Best hotel for two nights Montreux December
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Best hotel for two nights Montreux December

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mike 007
Mike 007
6 posts
Nov 5, 2019 - 5:41 PM

We want to stay in Montreux our last 2 nights in Switzerland on Dec 14-16, 2019. We will be leaving Montreux to go to Geneva Airport on the 16th to catch a flight to Paris around noon that day. Can you give me pros and cons concerning these 2 hotels to help narrow our selection. We want to have some good views while there, go to the Christmas Markets and see other interesting places in the area. Please share your suggestions.

The 2 places we want to receive the pros and cons on:
Hotel Des Trois Couronnes
Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
Thanks for your help.

Ildiko
Ildiko
1295 posts
top member &
Nov 6, 2019 - 6:02 AM in reply to Mike 007

Hi Mike,

first of all, please do not duplicate the threads, it is against the forum rules. (www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rules). I have edited this thread and added the name of these 2 hotels. Thank you for your understanding.

Back to your question, I haven't stayed in these hotels, but the Fairmont Le Montreux Palace (https://www.hotelscomb ined.com/Hotel/Fairmon t_Le_Montreux_Palace.h tm) has slightly better reviews than Hotel Des Trois Couronnes (https://www.hotelscomb ined.com/Hotel/Hotel_D es_Trois_Couronnes_Spa .htm). Anyway, I think both are very good hotels, and I am sure you won't be disappointed choosing any of them, but if you are interested more in the Christmas Market in Montreux I suggest to choose the Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, it is just next to the Christmas Market while Hotel Des Trois Couronnes is in Vevey not in Montreux (Vevey is also a nice little town).

Make sure to choose a room with a lake view, it will be stunning.

Ps.: The Le Montreux Palace is one of my favorite buildings in Montreux with its yellow sunblinds. :)

More info:

Last modified on May 10, 2021 - 8:53 AM by Arno
Gmelanie352
Gmelanie352
2 posts
Nov 8, 2019 - 8:12 AM

Good info! I'm also thinking about visiting Montreux, so this topic is really helpful for me. Thanks for sharing your experience and useful links! Usually I use hotel booking sites to find the best deals and offers in different countries. But it is much better to learn from other people's experience.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021