How to get to Mt. Pilatus from Luzern

How to get to Mt. Pilatus from Luzern

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
iepkamin
iepkamin
4 posts
Aug 10, 2017 - 7:06 PM

Hi, I have a half - price train pass... I hope to catch a bus from Luzern to Kriens where I catch the gondola/cable car to Mount Pilatus ' summit and return by cogwheel train to Alpnachstad and boat back to Luzern. Questions... Do I buy individual tickets and will my half price pass cover any of them?

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1231 posts
top member
Aug 11, 2017 - 1:34 AM in reply to iepkamin

>> I have a half - price train pass...

I'll assume you mean the Swiss Half Fare Card, and not something else :-)

>> I hope to catch a bus from Luzern to Kriens where I catch the gondola/cable car to Mount Pilatus ' summit and return by cogwheel train to Alpnachstad and boat back to Luzern. Questions... Do I buy individual tickets and will my half price pass cover any of them?

What you are planning is called the Golden Round Trip. You can get one ticket for the whole trip if you want to. The price list is here:

www.pilatus.ch/fileadm in/files/informieren/f ahrplan/Preisliste_201 7.pdf

If you are happy to travel 2nd class on the boat, the ticket you want is

"Luzern–Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm–Kriens–Luzern - Schiff 2. Kl. inkl. Bus / Boat 2nd class incl. bus"

This costs CHF 53.00 with the Swiss Half Fare Card.

If you would prefer to travel first class on the boat, the ticket you want is

"Luzern–Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm–Kriens–Luzern Schiff 1. Kl. inkl. Bus / Boat 1st class incl. bus"

This option costs CHF 60.00 with the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Places where you can buy a single ticket for the whole trip are listed here:

www.pilatus.ch/en/book ing/tickets/

You can also buy separate tickets for the bus, the boat, and the Pilatus round trip Kriens-Pilatus-Alpnachstad if you prefer.

Alpenrose

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Aug 11, 2017 - 6:12 AM in reply to iepkamin

Hi iepkamin,

For an overview of Mt. Pilatus as well as how to buy tickets and a description of how to get there, be sure to read through our Mt. Pilatus web page here.

Cheers!
Lucas

anushrim
anushrim
33 posts
Aug 11, 2017 - 12:04 PM in reply to Alpenrose666

Hi

Query..from where i can the golden trip tickets... onlune or from somewhere in lucerne...

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Aug 11, 2017 - 12:16 PM in reply to anushrim

Hi anushrim,

You can buy them online, use my link in my post above and click the "tickets" tab. :)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017