How to get to Mt. Pilatus from Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2017 at 19:06:41 #812914

Hi, I have a half – price train pass… I hope to catch a bus from Luzern to Kriens where I catch the gondola/cable car to Mount Pilatus ‘ summit and return by cogwheel train to Alpnachstad and boat back to Luzern. Questions… Do I buy individual tickets and will my half price pass cover any of them?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2017 at 1:34:20 #868171

>> I have a half – price train pass…

I’ll assume you mean the Swiss Half Fare Card, and not something else 🙂

>> I hope to catch a bus from Luzern to Kriens where I catch the gondola/cable car to Mount Pilatus ‘ summit and return by cogwheel train to Alpnachstad and boat back to Luzern. Questions… Do I buy individual tickets and will my half price pass cover any of them?

What you are planning is called the Golden Round Trip. You can get one ticket for the whole trip if you want to. The price list is here:

http://www.pilatus.ch/fileadm in/files/informieren/f ahrplan/Preisliste_201 7.pdf

If you are happy to travel 2nd class on the boat, the ticket you want is

“Luzern–Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm–Kriens–Luzern – Schiff 2. Kl. inkl. Bus / Boat 2nd class incl. bus”

This costs CHF 53.00 with the Swiss Half Fare Card.

If you would prefer to travel first class on the boat, the ticket you want is

“Luzern–Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm–Kriens–Luzern Schiff 1. Kl. inkl. Bus / Boat 1st class incl. bus”

This option costs CHF 60.00 with the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Places where you can buy a single ticket for the whole trip are listed here:

http://www.pilatus.ch/en/book ing/tickets/

You can also buy separate tickets for the bus, the boat, and the Pilatus round trip Kriens-Pilatus-Alpnachstad if you prefer.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2017 at 6:12:06 #868172

Hi iepkamin,

For an overview of Mt. Pilatus as well as how to buy tickets and a description of how to get there, be sure to read through our Mt. Pilatus web page here.

Cheers!
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2017 at 12:04:20 #868173

Hi

Query..from where i can the golden trip tickets… onlune or from somewhere in lucerne…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2017 at 12:16:58 #868174

Hi anushrim,

You can buy them online, use my link in my post above and click the “tickets” tab. 🙂

• The thread ‘How to get to Mt. Pilatus from Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.