• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2012 at 7:15:43 #804836

Hello we are 2 adults and 2 kids (7yrs, 3yrs) with the following itinerary:

Day 1. Zurich airport to St Moritz
    Day 8. Glacier express from St Moritz to Zermatt
    Day 12. Zermatt to Zurich

We’d like to travel 1st class, reserve seats for each of us prior to travelling, and we’ll have a lot of ski gear.

My questions:

what pass is most cost effective (1month swiss flexi pass?),
    does it apply to all train trips listed?
    does an accompanying Swiss Travel System Family Card ensure free tickets for the 7 & 3 year olds and their own seat?
    Can I / how can I pre-book seats (is there additional expense?)?

Many thanks for your assistance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 January 2012 at 12:36:41 #834639

Hello Markdoug, and welcome to our website,

A 3-day 1st class Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be ideal for your trip. It covers everything for free, except for the seat reservations. The children travel along for free with the Family Card you mentioned. Again, this does not include seat reservations. All about booking seats can be found here. That page also includes information about the luggage service. That would be worth your consideration if you do not want to carry your skis yourself.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Multiple rail trips through Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.