Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Must I have reservations for Jungfraujoch?

Must I have reservations for Jungfraujoch?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sakkar01
Sakkar01
17 posts
Jan 31, 2020 - 5:05 PM

I am staying in Murren on February 22nd, 23rd ad 24th and plan to do the jungfraujoch on the 23rd. I already bought the tickets from the promotion when I purchased my Swiss Travel Pass for 15 days. the promotion comes with free reservations from Klein Schneidegg to Jungfraujoch. 2 questions: my ticket is for February 23rd; if the weather on that day is bad, would I be able to use it for the next day 24th? second question is are the reservations mandatory? I ask because even though the reservations are free, I have to select a time for the reservation and I think it will take me 1.5~ hours to get from my hotel in Murren to Klein Schneidegg so it is hard deciding should I make the reservation for 9:30 or 10 or not make the reservation and take a chance. if I have lets say a 9:30 reservation and I dont make it there till later, can I still use my ticket and is it so crowded that I wont be able to go at all? I am not planning to leave my hotel until around 8 am when it is light outside as I dont want to stumble in the dark and risk falling (am in my 60's)

Anna
Anna
670 posts
top member &
Jan 31, 2020 - 7:24 PM in reply to Sakkar01

hi Sakkar01,

If you have a ticket for Feb 23rd, then you should travel on that date as tickets are usually not refundable if you cancel or postpone your trip due to bad weather. Seat eservations are not mandatory but they can be useful during peak travel periods (such as in July and August). In your case I think if you show up early without making a reservation, you could still get a seat.

More details here: https://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/tickets

Hope that helps :)

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Feb 2, 2020 - 7:05 AM by Annika
rockoyster
rockoyster
8753 posts
expert
Jan 31, 2020 - 8:04 PM in reply to Sakkar01

Seat reservations for Jungfraujoch shouldn’t be a big deal in February. This is how they work in practice. Hope you get good weather. 😎

Nitya Singha
Nitya Singha
12 posts
Feb 2, 2020 - 2:55 AM in reply to rockoyster

We are planning Jungfrau tour on April 8th. Will it be crowded enough requiring a reservation?

rockoyster
rockoyster
8753 posts
expert
Feb 2, 2020 - 3:19 AM in reply to Nitya Singha

Hello Nita,

Very unlikely to be crowded in April I would say except perhaps for Easter Holidays (10-13 April). April is very much low season in the Alps.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020