Must I have reservations for Jungfraujoch?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2020 at 17:05:17 #825060

I am staying in Murren on February 22nd, 23rd ad 24th and plan to do the jungfraujoch on the 23rd. I already bought the tickets from the promotion when I purchased my Swiss Travel Pass for 15 days. the promotion comes with free reservations from Klein Schneidegg to Jungfraujoch. 2 questions: my ticket is for February 23rd; if the weather on that day is bad, would I be able to use it for the next day 24th? second question is are the reservations mandatory? I ask because even though the reservations are free, I have to select a time for the reservation and I think it will take me 1.5~ hours to get from my hotel in Murren to Klein Schneidegg so it is hard deciding should I make the reservation for 9:30 or 10 or not make the reservation and take a chance. if I have lets say a 9:30 reservation and I dont make it there till later, can I still use my ticket and is it so crowded that I wont be able to go at all? I am not planning to leave my hotel until around 8 am when it is light outside as I dont want to stumble in the dark and risk falling (am in my 60’s)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6384 posts
    31 January 2020 at 19:24:16 #929109

hi Sakkar01,

If you have a ticket for Feb 23rd, then you should travel on that date as tickets are usually not refundable if you cancel or postpone your trip due to bad weather. Seat eservations are not mandatory but they can be useful during peak travel periods (such as in July and August). In your case I think if you show up early without making a reservation, you could still get a seat.

More details here: https://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/tickets

Hope that helps 🙂

Regards,

Anna

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    31 January 2020 at 20:04:59 #929110

Seat reservations for Jungfraujoch shouldn’t be a big deal in February. This is how they work in practice. Hope you get good weather. 😎

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2020 at 2:55:35 #929111

We are planning Jungfrau tour on April 8th. Will it be crowded enough requiring a reservation?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 February 2020 at 3:19:42 #929112

Hello Nita,

Very unlikely to be crowded in April I would say except perhaps for Easter Holidays (10-13 April). April is very much low season in the Alps.

• The thread ‘Must I have reservations for Jungfraujoch?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.