Need a friendly advise on my 15 days Swiss itenary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2016 at 15:40:15 #809540

Am planning a 15 days trip to Switzerland in July and need some advise on my itenary.

• Zurich- 1 night (arriving from UAE)
    • St Moritz- 2 nights
    • Zermatt- 3 days
    • Montreux- 1 day
    • Lucerne- 3 days
    • Wengen- 5 days

Total 15 days

• Day 1- Zurich Arrive in Zurich at night, check in hotel.
    • Day 2- St Moritz Morning proceed to St Moritz from Zurich and check in hotel by noon. Evening free to explore Muottas Muragl.
    • Day 3- Berina express -St Moritz to Tirano and back to St Moritz.
    • Day 4- Zermatt Take Glacier express in morning from St Moritz to reach Zermatt by evening and check in hotel. Evening explore Zermatt town.
    • Day 5- Zermatt Full day in Zermatt- visit Gornergrat and Glacier paradise.
    • Day 6- Zermatt – visit Altesch glacier and back to Zermatt.
    • Day 7- Montreux Morning proceed to Montreux from Zermatt and check in hotel.
    • Day 8- Lucerne Take Golden Pass express train from Montreux to Lucerne, check in hotel at Horw by noon. Keep bags in hotel and explore Lucerne.
    • Day 9- Lucerne Morning proceed to Mt Pilatus, lunch at Pilatus and back to hotel in Horw.
    • Day 10- Lucerne Morning proceed to Mt Stanserhorn and return by evening.
    • Day 11- Wengen Morning proceed to Wengen from Lucerne (Horw) to reach for lunch. Check in hotel at Wengen and go to Wengen Mannlichen Aerial Cableway in evening or deposit bags in Lauterbrunnen station and visit Trummelbach falls and staubbach falls.
    • Day 12- Wengen Visit to Jungfrau in morning, have lunch at Jungfrau and proceed to Grindelwald for hiking.
    • Day 13- From Wengen- Interlaken-Brienz – Brienzer Rothorne and back to Wengen.
    • Day 14- Wengen Morning- visit Interlaken and proceed to Harder Kulm and back to interaken for lunch. Evening boat ride at Lake Thun.
    • Day 15- Wengen – Zurich and back home Vacate Wengen in the morning and proceed to Zurich airport to reach at 19:00 for flight to Dubai.

I will be buying swiss flexi pass for 2 adults and 1 child (free family card) and most of the travel will be in trains. Kindly advise do i need to rent a car anywhere to visit any places like Lauterbrunnen etc. Any suggestions are welcome.

I wanted to do Golden pass panaromic express – VIP seat thats the reason why i diverted 1 day to Montreux

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2016 at 19:32:16 #853486

A very nice trip. You planning is very good.

You need no car to go to the smalle village of Lauterbrunnen. You can go by train from Interlaken Ost. The front part of this train is going to Lauterbrunnen, the back part to Grindelwald.

Greetings from the Netherlands, Brahms

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2016 at 20:27:37 #853487

Thank you Brahms. I hope my plan is practical taking into consideration a child of 8 years.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2016 at 21:06:54 #853488

I think your child from 8 love it.

When our child was 8 years old, we go also every year to Switserland. Our child love walking into the mountains and traveling by train and cablecar. Take some small thinks with you for your child to play with when you travel a long trip by train.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    26 June 2016 at 22:35:23 #853489

Hii Rajesh-

Your itinerary is well thought out and nicely planned. You allow enough time in the Jungfrau region to adjust for variable weather. It can change rapidly up there.

A minor refinement – the cable way from Wengen goes to Männlichen. From there you can walk to Kleine Scheidegg.

I did that with my 8 year old granddaughter in 2009 and she loved it.

Slowpoke

Annika
    7125 posts
    27 June 2016 at 10:06:37 #853490

Hi Rajesh,

You wrote you intended to buy a “swiss flexi pass”; that pass was discontinued in 2014. I assume you mean a Swiss Travel Pass Flex. If so, are you sure that’s the best option for you? You’re traveling everyday, so a Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi makes more sense. But, a regular Swiss Travel Pass is probably cheaper and more convenient. Be sure to do the math.

• The thread ‘Need a friendly advise on my 15 days Swiss itenary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.