Need advice – 4 days in Switzerland (end of March)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2016 at 3:14:28 #808375

Dear All,

My husband and I will be arriving in Geneva Monday March 28th and plan on staying for 4 days.

We both enjoy nature/outdoors but I am wondering if the weather will be suitable for hiking at the end of March?

I would really appreciate your advice for a travel itinerary (Tuesday-Friday) that would allow us to see the highlights of switzerland but also allow us to enjoy the natural beauty of the country.

My intial thought was to purchase a 4 day swiss travel pass and select a plan that is on their website.

thank you very much for any advice you have!

Shelley

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 February 2016 at 9:12:49 #848202

Hi shelleyk, thanks for joining us!

The end of March isn’t a typical hiking season. Routes at higher elevations will still be covered by snow, and spring will probably not have set in yet in the lower regions. You may want to focus on scenic train trips, boat rides and mountain top visits instead. I don’t know whether you want to make day trips from Geneva or whether you plan to cross the country by train, spending the nights in several towns. Here are some pages to start off with:

Information on the Swiss Travel Pass, including its validity and purchase options, can be found at our Swiss Travel Pass page.

Does this get you started?

• The thread ‘Need advice – 4 days in Switzerland (end of March)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.