Mar 30, 2011 - 4:14 AM
Hi there, I have been reading a number of comments from the experts on this forum and really appreciate everyones comments and insight. It would be great if I can get some feedback on my trip - Details are below -
Here are the key features of my trip -
1. Travel date: 21-30 May 2011 (Flight booked)
2. Travel group : 5 adults + 1 child (7)
3. Stay - first 7 nights in Luzern (already booked) and 2 nights in Grindelwald (booking not done)
4. Plan to do individual day trips from Luzern to Lugano, Engerberg, Zurich, Bern, Zermatt, Lausanne
1. Our main aim in visiting switzerland was to enjoy the scenic beauty which includes greenery, flowers, etc? Will we be able to see that considering its end may for the places that we have planned? I am not sure of this as i keep on hearing that it might be mud month at that time and not sure if our trip will be a waste because of that.
2. A number of day trips involve 2-3 hrs train time each way. How does that work? Isnt that a lot of time spend in a train every day? I have heard conflicting opinions where some didnt mind while some did.
3. How is the overall initenary? Anything i should be doing differently?
4. Is staying in Gindelwald at that specific time, going to provide a swiss-alps experience?
Thanks in advance for all the help,