Need help for choosing best Rail pass for 3 adults

• supernatjuice
    Participant
    10 posts
    21 May 2011 at 12:56:22 #804319

Hello There

My name is Brian and I am planning to visit swiss on september 18th. (from canada)
    I arrive in Zurich on Sept 18th and will be staying there till 20th sept morning

I will need to use train on,
    ——————————-
    Sept 20 – Zurich to Luzern
    Sept 22 – Luzern to Bern
    Sep 23 – Bern to Geneva
    ———————————

Sept 24 – Geneva to Toroto (plain)

I’ve done some research my self fom the site and either Swiss Save pass or half Pass? had lower prices for 3 adult passengers.
    I am still confused and it would be amazing if you could provide me with some solutions =)

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    22 May 2011 at 6:04:20 #832914

Hello Brian, and welcome to this forum! If the trips you mention below are the only ones you intend to make, I think a Swiss Half Fare Card will work out best for you. It costs CHF 110.00 per person – there are no group discounts as with the Swiss Saver Pass, which is indeed cheaper for 2 to 5 adults traveling together. You can check prices by selecting your preferred pass variant and number of travelers in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card page.

Does this help you out? Best regards,

supernatjuice
    Participant
    10 posts
    22 May 2011 at 11:44:37 #832915

Hello Annika
    Thank you for the quick response. I will go ahead and go with Swiss Half Fare Card. Another cousin of mine will join the trip and now but I think end result is basically same.

I appreciate the help looking forward to visit Swiss in September.

Thank you

• The thread ‘Need help for choosing best Rail pass for 3 adults’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.